Go Back   Starboard Forums > Free Forum

Old 14th May 2010, 10:19 AM   #11
Unregistered

Don't think twice, the Serenity is a great board for non-planning conditions. From 2 to 7 knots it's amazing! Just hook in and let it go gliding smooth, fun and fast!

Check this video made 2 days ago in a late afternoon session here in Brasilia. 3-8 knots: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVqpsr289es

Marcello
Old 14th May 2010, 07:25 PM   #12
Unregistered

I also admire this beautiful board,
but I would prefer it shorter and with a rotating daggerboard,
my dream would be a Phantom 320 with wooden deck or full wood ...
Old 14th May 2010, 08:06 PM   #13
Unregistered

Really amazing, especially seeing the tired flags oh the shore with almost no wind, and then the speed of the board.
Different sail size and/or rider skill, or the wood wersion is clearly faster than the sportech one? They say wood version is fragile, so I was wondering about the sportech one, as 400-500 grams shouldn't make the difference on a non planning board, I thought...
Old 14th May 2010, 08:07 PM   #14
Unregistered

(last is from me, Nico, sorry)
Old 16th May 2010, 06:02 AM   #15
Unregistered

Nico, it was just a fun (very fun) session. The "overtake" scene was just trying to find a good angle of my friend Caetano, who was on the Sport Tech version.

The Serenity Wood is a work of art, really beautiful board. It seems faster specially in non "glassy" conditions. It`s stiffer and a bit lighter too, but the white one (Sport Tech) works very well too.

Don`t forget to send pictures/movies from you sailing the Serenity in Venice!!

Ciao
Marcello