Go Back   Starboard Forums > Free Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 8th June 2010, 05:24 AM   #1
rob from nj

Default Futura 141 Review

I had a chance to test ride the Futura 141 Futura for 3 days at Corpus Christi, Worldwinds Shop (shop rocks for service and equipment). Since the wind was very light I selected this board with an 8.0 sail. This board has great float for light wind days. I weigh around 170lbs and didn't feel like I needed anymore float if I was to buy a light wind board. As the wind picked up to around 15-20mph, I was very impressed how quickly the board began to plane and rip through the water. With gusts over 20mph, I thought this board handled extremely well in mild choppy water. Road really well while in the straps and flying up and down wind. This board is capable of planning wide jibes and is very forgiving with the sail flip. I strongly recommend this board if you are looking for a larger board for light wind days with an 8-8.5 sail and still want a board that can handle over 20mph days. I was planning extremely fast while everyone else was tooling around and not planning. When the wind picked up a little more, I tried the 133. This board was just as impressive. Very fast to plane and handles well. Thought this information could help anyone looking for a fast and manageable free-ride board.
rob from nj is offline   Reply With Quote