Go Back   Starboard Forums > Ask Our Team

Old 2nd September 2010, 12:49 AM   #11
racerX

check out there website, nothing for just one board. Don't fly codeshare and always check the policy carefull when you actually book, as things change. Emirates are good to, just need to do your homework
racerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2010, 09:26 AM   #12
agrelon

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerX View Post
check out there website, nothing for just one board. Don't fly codeshare and always check the policy carefull when you actually book, as things change. Emirates are good to, just need to do your homework
Turns out I don't need my kit there! The local sailing club has boards from 78l to Formula with sails from 3.2 to 9.5m. There's a community of windsurfers who do trips to spots 45mins away from campus where aparenty <5.0m is normal. They've got a trip to the gorge this weekend I'm just missing cause I'm moving in...
Old 2nd September 2010, 10:11 PM   #13
ChrisN

Agrelon, think you would need to fly in your F93, yet for Gorge you might need something more aggressive. Good luck with the move to VA, BC - what a wonderful spot, yet the water are damn freezing...

R. ChrisN
ChrisN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2010, 12:38 AM   #14
G-42

Check out http://thewindsurfer.com/ for the local Vancouver/Squamish windsurfing community - pretty active forum with some pretty good local wind forecasting and reporting.

Squamish (about an hour north from Vancouver) is a thermal spot and works from May through late September or so; Vancouver gets post-frontal clearing winds, as well as thermal/seabreeze conditions out of the NW that make for sailable (but generally light) conditions at Jericho. The exception are the occasional strong post-frontal clearing winds that happen in spring or fall.

Fall/winter/spring dish up a pretty good number of big frontal systems; those tend to blow hard from the South. Not sure where the Vancouver folks go to sail those; I live in Bellingham (just south of the border), so I sail here when that happens.

Sounds like you got in touch with the local community already - I've always found the BC sailors to be a fun, sociable crowd, so you'll have lots of good company on the water.

Cheers,
-Andreas
http://g-42.blogspot.com
G-42 is offline   Reply With Quote