Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 25th September 2010, 02:19 AM   #1
keyes1

Default Second sail for go 144

I'm a relatively experienced beginner weighing 185 lbs currently using a 6.5m sailworks retro on a go 144. I'm looking for a bigger sail to get planing on calmer days and I'm debating between an ezzy zephyr and either a neilpryde helium or H2 (7.7m or 8.2m). One restriction in my choice of a bigger sail is that I really want the new sail to fit on my 460 powerex z-race mast (100% carbon imcs 25). The zephyr's definitely have a more appealing price tag, but is it worth an extra $400 (or maybe waiting around more to find a better deal) to get one of the neil pryde sails?? I want something that will give me the biggest range of wind along with my 6.5 retro and also something I won't outgrow when my skills advance. Not too sure about the reputation and performance of these 2 companies. Any recommendations would be much appreciated.

Should I pay the extra for NP or will the zephyr do about the same job?

Thanks in advance!
keyes1 is offline   Reply With Quote