Go Back   Starboard Forums > Free Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 27th April 2011, 09:53 PM   #1
Unregistered

Default Formula experience or Ultrasonic?

I am 5 feet 9 inches (172 cms) and weigh 160 pounds (73 kg). I am pretty good at pumping. My largest sail is an 8.5 meter. I am interested in hearing from readers of the forum about which board would get me planing earliest with my 8.5, the Formula Experience (which is heavy but wide) or the Ultrasonic (which is light but not as wide). Would there be a significant difference or very slight?

I don't really care much about jibing performance in boards that size. I just want to plane. The Formula Experience is a lot cheaper and so it has some appeal. However, I would be willing to pay more for the Ultrasonic if it performs better in light wind.