Go Back   Starboard Forums > Windsurfing School

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 7th June 2011, 04:14 AM   #1
*MC*

Default Fin too big?

Hello Roger,
thanks for all the advice you gave me last summer I was very happy with my Rio S and NCX 8 until I took my husband's Futura 133 and NCX 6,5. I fell in love with that combination immediately. Even though it was not me in command... The board really wanted to get planning (wind was maybe 12-14 knots) and I was able to hang on hooked on harness and front foot in the strap. No catapults this time but absolutely not that stylish riding.

The smallest fin we have is the 48 cm slalom fin that came with the board. Is it too big for FU 133 + 6,5 NCX (my weight 60 kg)? It was easy to go upwind and it planed easily but it was a bit difficult once the speed got up and I was trying to get my feet into straps. I guess you could have seen the Tiki-guy in the bottom of the board no matter where you were standing, the board turned in to every direction before it settled down and started going (there was a man on the beach that couldn't watch my rodeo ride )

Long story but here is the question: is it any good to ask for Santa Claus for a smaller fin or should I just be happy with that 48 cm fin and keep practising?

Our spot is a lake with gusty and not that strong wind.

Thank you in advance and have a nice summer!
MC
*MC* is offline   Reply With Quote