Go Back   Starboard Forums > Windsurfing School

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 1st August 2011, 11:03 PM   #1
patrick_ARU

Thumbs up Best board(s) for 9-year old to progress!

Hi Roger,

Which board(s) would be the best choice for my 9-year old kid to progress on. She's currently learning to use the harness / planing on a 115 ltr board with a fixed dagger board, however, she has used a boards without a dagger board in the past) Soon, once she's comfortable hooking-in and planing she'll start looking for those foot straps. She just tried a 3.0 "kids sail" and controlled it very well in light wind conditions, although she usually uses a 2.5 sail because of our moderate to hi-wind conditions overhere.

The following models/sizes are available at the rental shop overhere to try out:

- Futura (Wood) 122 & 133 ltr;
- Kode 113 ltr;
- Carve 111 - 121 ltr.

Any advice in this regard will be highly appreciated. I just don't want to invest in a board that she'll quickly grow out of, but rather get her a board that she can progress into and continue to use (eventually using larger sized sails).

Other moderators or members are more than welcome to reply!!

Thanks!!
patrick_ARU is offline   Reply With Quote