Go Back   Starboard Forums > Free Forum

Old 22nd June 2012, 02:55 AM   #1
Unregistered

Unhappy JIM DRAKE....sails on.

Jim Drake !!

I just saw the post on the main page...
we have lost a great force in windsurfing.
I never met the man BUT he was an inspiration, always there, no not on the front page doing double forwards at hookipa those guys are great but come and go.
He was doing something MORE IMPORTANT looking, creating, and teaching , doing what a curious mind does when touched by genius.

goodbye Jim, physically , bodily your force is gone, but your inspiration, yours alone is a force that continues through all of us, who follow the faith,

Jeff E
Thunder bay ,Ontario
Canada
Old 22nd June 2012, 04:00 AM   #2
Unregistered

Default Jim Drake

His designs were outside the box and his feet were solidly on the ground! What a legend...He will be remembered for all of time.
Old 24th June 2012, 09:28 PM   #3
nakaniko unreg.

I'm so surprised and somewhat angry none is celebrating Jim Drake on sport magazine or on tv. No doubt that he and Hoyle Schweitzer hd THE idea to make all the people sail in the cheaper and more enjoyng way.
God bless you Jim, I'll ride with even more pride my Serenity Where there is also your sign. Last month died my father, now is dead also the father of my dreams
Old 25th June 2012, 07:21 AM   #4
joe_windsurfer

Perhaps on a chosen day, the whole world of windsurfers should go out on the water and through our energy blast Mr. Drake's spirit around the universe in a magnificent burst of colours ??
Thanks for sharing Jim !!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
joe_windsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote