Old 8th October 2012, 07:54 PM   #51
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remi View Post
Hi all,

Windsurfing still have a chance

https://vimeo.com/50812873

All the best
Sorry Rémi, but I think that to put forward a new class in counter productive. The main argument in favor of windsurfing is that many federation do not wish to change support! And furthermore, your class has nothing to bring compared to the RS:X.
Old 8th October 2012, 08:06 PM   #52
Unregistered

Default and ntento

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
To tell you the truth, I've used computers all my life. For school, work and pleasure.
At the beginning I used a desktop, then a laptop. Now I can do pretty much everything with a smartphone.

This does not mean I do not dislike computers but I use more the smartphone than the computer and desktops. Here in the USA there are endless of free Wifi antennas so using the internet for free is very accessible......oh this word,,, accessible!
Kite boarding is now accessible to everyone. Young and old. Storing is simple, transporting is a breeze and rigging... well as complicated as windsurfing.

I am thinking on learning to kite board after this big RIO episode. I want to try what is all about. People tell me that I will hate it because is very easy, rather than accepting the challenge of never learning windsurfing 100%.

I think that kiteboarding will become more popular than windsurfing during its peak years.

I do not know man, but the decision of windsurfing being out of the Olympics for RIO has seal the deal on my decision to switch or at least learn more kitesurfing.
Your comparison with smartphone is inadequate. A smartphone is just a mini-computer, it works with the same technology, and has the same usage (well if you like to look a video on a screen sized like a stamp, personnaly I cannot). Kite and windsurf are 2 separate disciplines that works with different "technologies".

When you say that kite will be more popular than windsurf in its peak, I think you do not remember what was windsurf at its peak (maybe because you are not European). It was a mass sport like skiing or playing tennis, we could buy a gear in a supermarket. Kite will never be like this as it will always be seen as an extreme sport.

If you like something easy, I suggest you to consider playing cards, dominos or just stay at the bar. Have you seen curling is an Olympic discipline? It should seal the deal on your decision as it looks to be an important parameter for you (you are the only guy in the world who is not an athlete to consider that while choosing your sport!)
Old 11th October 2012, 03:25 AM   #53
Remi
STARBOARD DEVELOPMENT

Hi Unregistered,

If the Rsx is definitely out in November and we do not have a proposal as alternative for Windsurf, you can be sure that you will not have Windsurf for 2016!

All the best

Can answer if you have any questions on this following boards :

Carve 111, 121, 131, 141, 151 & 161
Futura 93, 101, 111, 121, 131 & 141.
iSonic 80, 87, 90, 97, 107, 110, 117 & 130
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

UltraSonic 147
Formula Experience One Design
Phantom Race 377 & 377 L / 320
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Phantom 295 L :

Formula 167 :

Racing Serinity Cat Concept
Remi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2012, 04:50 PM   #54
Jean-Marc
TEAM

Olympic windsurfing : game over... Vote was only 68% but needed 75% to get overturned.

15:50
ISAF updates@ISAFupdates

The Events and Equipment confirmed in May 2012 stand.

Friday November 9, 2012 15:50 ISAFupdates
15:50
ISAF updates@ISAFupdates

The proposals to re-open the debate did not receive the required 75% of votes from ISAF Council.

What a pity and a sad day it is today as speed windsurfing is claiming staggering records after records for Albeau, Bordes, Bringdal, Davies, Erdil and many more to come in Namibia.

JM

Last edited by Jean-Marc; 9th November 2012 at 05:02 PM.
Jean-Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2012, 05:18 PM   #55
Jorge Gutiérrez

Default Lets move on

Indeed the close mindedness of ISAF is appalling, kitesurfing and windsurfing should have been included in the Olympics, perhaps this signals a change indirection is needed. I hope the mayor brands bring the Olympic sailors into their teams and onto Events like the speed trials in Namibia and the AWT.

It'd be great to have the team riders showing their stuff at more popular events like the Kona worlds, and have displays of windsurfing gear at the Miami, ft lauderdale and New York boatshows, as well as other shows around the world, we need to bring windsurfing back to the people! Efforts like the start, go and phantom 295 as well as the ezzy kids rigs are a step in the right direction

Bring cost down and make it easier for people to try the sport!
Old 10th November 2012, 07:38 AM   #56
Gyurmo
Dream Team Member

hi,

as far as i know its not over yet... we will have still a little chance today to bring back windsurfing to rio.

live ticker of the isaf conference in dublin today:
http://www.coveritlive.com/index2.ph...1000/width=940

The ISAF report about yesterday:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ISAF Council met today in Dun Laoghaire, Ireland.

After hearing the reports from the 2012 ISAF events and the London 2012 Olympic Sailing Competition, business moved on to discussing submissions. The hot topic of the day was the Events and Equipment to be used at the 2016 Olympic Sailing Competition.

23 submissions relating to the events and equipment for Rio 2016 were received by ISAF in advance of the Conference. In accordance with the ISAF Regulations, before the detail of any of these particular submissions could be discussed, Council were required to vote on a motion to re-open the debate on the subject. The Regulations specify that 75% of members must agree to the motion.

The submissions were presented as six proposals and Council asked to vote on them in terms of the specific changes they proposed. The first proposal grouped together the submissions that only dealt with men's kiteboarding and women's kiteboarding (020-12, 025-12, 027-12, 050-12, 051-12, 052-12, 053-12, 054-12, 055-12, 056-12, 057-12, 058-12 and 062-12). 26 Council members voted in favour and 12 were against.

Proposal 2, which featured Submission 063-12, related to Men's Kiteboarding, Women's Kiteboarding and 2nd One Person Dinghy - Finn. 14 Council members voted in favour and 23 were against and 1 abstained.

Proposals 3, 4, 5 & 6 relating to Submissions 064-12, 065-12, 071-12 and 094-12 respectively did not receive the required proposer and seconder around the table so were not considered.

With 38 possible votes, the 75% requirement was not achieved on either proposal so the events and equipment as approved in May 2012 remain for Rio 2016.

Discussions then moved on to the 2020 Olympic Sailing Competition and the selection of Core Events and Equipment. In accordance with ISAF Regulation 23.1.5, ISAF approved four core events and their equipment for the 2020 Olympics. The Men's One Person Dinghy - Laser, Women's One Person Dinghy - Laser Radial, Men's Skiff - 49er and Women's Skiff - 49erFX were approved.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

we hope the best,
gyurmo
we hope the best
Gyurmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2012, 02:38 PM   #57
Jonny

Default It is over !

It's over for RSX in Rio !!
Old 10th November 2012, 03:04 PM   #58
BelSkorpio

It's not over yet !!!

Olympic windsurfing is here to stay !

ISAF Host - Daniel Smith: Regulation 23.1.4 has been approved with the following amendment.

Men's Board -RS:X
Women's Board - RS:X
Men's One Person Dinghy - Laser
Women's One Person Dinghy - Laser Radial
Men's 2nd One Person Dinghy - Finn
Men's Skiff - 49er
Women's Skiff – 49erFX
Men's Two Person Dinghy - 470
Women's Two Person Dinghy - 470
Mixed Two Person Multihull – Nacra 17
Old 10th November 2012, 03:07 PM   #59
BelSkorpio

Default At Rio 2016 we will see Men's and Women's Board - RS:X

ISAF Host - Daniel Smith:

So, in summary... At Rio 2016 we will see Men's and Women's Board - RS:X
Old 10th November 2012, 03:15 PM   #60
Gyurmo
Dream Team Member

Dear Windsurfers,

Today in Ireland the ISAF council changed their May decision.

WINDSURFING IS BACK TO THE OLYMPIC GAMES IN RIO 2016 BOTH MAN AND WOMAN!

Cheers...
Gyurmo
Gyurmo is offline   Reply With Quote