Go Back   Starboard Forums > Free Forum

Old 24th July 2013, 11:50 AM   #1
Unregistered

Default All round board for 55kg?

HI
I am looking for a bump and jump/ wave board for someone around my weight. I will be going back to around 2009 era boards because I don't have enough money for the latest kit.

I am looking for a board to be used with 3.7 to 4.7 in anything from float and ride wavesailing to high wind bump and jump. So therefore I need quite a bit of float (I would like to be able to uphual it in those light conditions)

I was thinking around 70 litres? Currently I am sailing an 83 litre. Should I be going more or less than 70 litres.

Thanks
Old 30th July 2013, 10:53 AM   #2
Unregistered

bump- any ideas?
Old 30th July 2013, 04:28 PM   #3
COACHG

I weigh about 77 kg & 3.7-4.7 would be high wind for me (25-35 knts) but I don't think it would be high wind for you at 55 kg. What wind speeds are you talking about? What is wrong with your current 83 l? 13 l is a big drop especially at your weight.

Coachg
COACHG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2013, 04:44 PM   #4
Unregistered

I will be sailing upto 25 knots on 3.7 and down to 14 knots on 4.7 so pretty much everything. Bump and jump mainly and a bit of trying wavesailing. I am finding my 83 is getting bouncy and uncontrollable in the higher winds so would like to have something smaller and more controllable. The 83 has loads of float for me so I think I could drop some litres without trouble!
thanks
Old 30th July 2013, 11:42 PM   #5
COACHG

If you go less than 70 than keep your 83. If you want a one board solution maybe consider 70-75 l board? Be great if you could demo or rent.

Coachg
COACHG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2013, 06:45 AM   #6
Unregistered

Thanks for the advice I will keep the 83 but I will not be able to take it with me when I travel as I won't have space in the car. Sounds like I should be looking for a one board solution around 70. Thanks for your help