Go Back   Starboard Forums > Windsurfing School

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 25th August 2006, 06:10 AM   #1
windsurferdagg

Send a message via MSN to windsurferdagg
Default flip 360 help plus boards

Hey roger. used your help alot. I wsa just wondering. When I go to flip 360 I can backwind the sail and start my rotation fine but everytime I start to spin, the heel edge (first windward now leeward edge) digs deep into the water and I get thrown on my back. I was just wondering why this happens and how I can fix it. I have no problem sailing backwinded and I can sailbody 360 and heli tack really well. Maybe my foot should be more to the leeward edge to start off?

Also with your advice on sailing upwind and pumping, I am doing much better with the upwind bit. I went out for my eigth time and had no trouble going upwind.

Just wondering what your opinion is on another matter too. I am starting to look for a highwind board becasue my go 139 isn't that good for jumping (i managed a bit of a chop hop) and am not even going to try to front loop or willy skipper or anything else freestyle ariel stuff with it. It performs well in highwinds kind of. If I am into jumping freesrtyle and blasting/freeride.

Would you recomend the kombat or the flare?

What makes them different?

What size would you say would be good for a sailer who weighs 130 pounds and is going to gain more weight (im 16 so probably 150 tops), sails with a 5.0 and 6.6 in winds from 12 knots up i guess (when i would't use my go 139 becasue of the chop)?

Maybe would you recomend another board?

I just wanted to know so I can start to save up. lol

Thanks for your time

Thomas

PS I still can't get any pictures of me planing or waterstarting yet. No movies either. My dad wasn't up the last time I went.
windsurferdagg is offline   Reply With Quote