Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 24th August 2013, 07:58 AM   #1
Tjess

Default US147 sailing tecnique

Hi- I have got the US 147 carbon. What a beautiful board! I also found a used Severne Overdrive 10. At first run something very scary to handle, but after some sailing I think it's a great combination together with the 58 cm fin.
I have never sailed big formula or Slalom gear before, and I wonder what tecnique I actually should us on this wide board and huge sail? I was told from some guys that I should sail on the fin- pressure on the back foot, locking down in seat harness to close the sail to the deck and press down the lee rail. I managed to to this last time in 6 m/s and I clocked 22 knots. It gave a good feeling of controll and sensation of flying on the fin. I have also tried the board with a 8 sq.m sail, no cam in more wind (8-9 m/s) Then I sailed it as I use to sail smaller boards, kept the board flat. More standing "seven" stance in waist harness, and the board felt more lively with better performance in speed and acceleration.
What is actually the right way to sail this equipment?

I am grateful for any advice here to get the most out of this fabolous board.