Go Back   Starboard Forums > Ask Our Team

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 25th August 2006, 06:18 AM   #1
windsurferdagg

Send a message via MSN to windsurferdagg
Default flip 360 help

Hey guys.

When I go to flip 360 I can backwind the sail and start my rotation fine but everytime I start to spin, the heel edge (first windward now leeward edge) digs deep into the water and I get thrown on my back. I was just wondering why this happens and how I can fix it. I have no problem sailing backwinded and I can sailbody 360 and heli tack really well. Maybe my foot should be more to the leeward edge to start off?

This only seems to happen when there is more wind and I spin faster. In 3 knots to 5 im fine but 7 and up the edge just sinks and I loose all control.

I have a Go 139 and sail with a 5.0 wave sail and a 6.6 freeride sail with twin cams. I am 130 pounds, have sailed 8 times in my life and am 5'10". Any help would be great.

Talk to you guys later and thanks a lot

Thomas

PS just wondering what other tricks I could do with out jumping the board. I am planning to learn how to swich stance sail and switch stance cutback. Any tips on those would be great too. I think the switch stance cut back is like a snap jipe but switchstance and not going upwind.
windsurferdagg is offline   Reply With Quote