Go Back   Starboard Forums > Free Forum

Old 2nd July 2014, 07:15 PM   #1
Unregistered

Cool Where to travel during summer

Hi there!

I live in USA and I'd like to have a windsurfing trip either late July or early August this year. What part of the American continent do you recommend to visit where there is wind almost every day. My plan is to travel with other three friends and spend maybe 5-6 days somewhere.
My skill level is fine, I feel comfortable with a 100 lts board and 4-6mts sails. I can jibe both sides, tack, water start easily and jump. I'd like to experiment in small waves; maybe chest height but not logo height for sure. I am still scared of waterstarting with huge breaking waves. I'd like to get better in wave sailing and not flat water as I am not a freestyle enthusiast. Maybe fast slalom would be also cool but that's it.
So I want this trip to sharpen my skills while having lots of fun and knowing different windsurfing spots.

Since I know some of you guys have been out there sailing these amazing summer sports, I'd like to hear your recommendations and hear some tips from the experts.

Happy sailing to you all.
Old 13th August 2014, 03:11 PM   #2
kevin_s

People from Toronto go to Hatteras, due to its consistent wind and lack of big waves.
I have never done that trip but i am planning one.
Dominican Republic not in the US but is another place known for windsurfing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi there!

I live in USA and I'd like to have a windsurfing trip either late July or early August this year. What part of the American continent do you recommend to visit where there is wind almost every day. My plan is to travel with other three friends and spend maybe 5-6 days somewhere.
My skill level is fine, I feel comfortable with a 100 lts board and 4-6mts sails. I can jibe both sides, tack, water start easily and jump. I'd like to experiment in small waves; maybe chest height but not logo height for sure. I am still scared of waterstarting with huge breaking waves. I'd like to get better in wave sailing and not flat water as I am not a freestyle enthusiast. Maybe fast slalom would be also cool but that's it.
So I want this trip to sharpen my skills while having lots of fun and knowing different windsurfing spots.

Since I know some of you guys have been out there sailing these amazing summer sports, I'd like to hear your recommendations and hear some tips from the experts.

Happy sailing to you all.