Go Back   Starboard Forums > Ask Our Team

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 15th February 2007, 10:59 PM   #1
SpeedChaser

Default Help with choosing a wave board!

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a new wave board and need some help making a choice. I want to go Starboard but I'm not sure which one. I'm 6ft and 155lbs, will be sailing in gusty B+J but with this board mostly waves and big swell. Up here in Ottawa, the closest we have to real wave sailing is the great lakes. I already have a 2005 95L Kombat, so I'd like something to compliment that in higher wind and handles a 3.7, 4.5, and 5.3.

This is what I'm looking at:
2006 PA 80L
2005 Acid 74L
2006 Evo 74L
2005 Evo 74L

Obviously I'm considering the 2005's for the price* advantage.

So I guess the dilemma is choosing the Evo or the Acid. The 2005 Acid 74L appeals to me for it's aggressive, pure wave riding performance, however, I'd be sacrificing performance in the marginal conditions and B+J.

The 2006 PA 80L appeals to me for the sail range, but also the capability of pure wave riding AND high speed B+J. Disadvantage: price*.

The Evo's, in general, appeal to me for their obvious performance advantage in marginal wind conditions and less than perfect wave conditions. Again, only considering the 2005 Evo for the price advantage, however, I'd like to know what the differences are between the 2005 Evo and 2006 Evo.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Scott
SpeedChaser is offline   Reply With Quote