Go Back   Starboard Forums > Ask Our Team

Old 26th August 2006, 06:37 AM   #11
sailpower

Send a message via MSN to sailpower
Default RE: Foot Strap Positioning

Hi,
I have a question about foostrap positioning. On my old acid 74 2004 I had 38.5 cm between straps. On my new acid 74 2007 I have 44 cm !! and it seem to be big (I position them middle position) Why the dimension between straps as increase like this ?
sailpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2006, 05:32 AM   #12
Ola_H
TEAM

Sailpower: I would say its a matter of preference of people designen the boards but also a general trend i advanced wave sailing. 6 or seven years ago I used to prefer my straps 40 cms apart on my customs. Then I got my hands on one of Levi SIvers Quatro protos which was 44cms apart. It seems like a split, but I found I got much better control in my bottom turns.

The old Acids had unusually tight between straps. One of the things about the EVOs is a much wider strap mount. The new Pure Acids have followed this trend.

I would encorage you to try it out for a few session before you make up your mind. If you still feel its to wide, just move the rear straps forwards and the front straps to the rear and you will be closer to your old setup. The board will still work fine.

I hope you like the 07 74. I'm mostly and EVO sailor, but the 74 puts BIG smiles on my face every time I use it.
Ola_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2006, 05:58 AM   #13
sailpower

Send a message via MSN to sailpower

thanks a lot for your explanations ola. I was a bit amazed the first session. I will need to change the position of my body and my usual adjustements. At the end of the session my feeling was better but I have been surprised when I measured the distance between straps. the habits are difficult to change after in the old school trend

Only one session with the 07 74 but I already love it! I hope more sessions last week end with big waves
sailpower is offline   Reply With Quote