Go Back   Starboard Forums > Ask Our Team

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2nd May 2007, 07:02 PM   #1
van

Default iSONIC 101 TOO BIG FOR 6.2M AND 73KG??

HI GUYS

MY NAME IS VAN AND I HAVE BEEN WIDSURFING FOR JUST OVER 20 YRS. I LIVE IN ATHENS, GREECE I WEIGH 73 KG AND I'M ABT 1.78M HEIGH AND I'M 36 YRS OLD. I HAVE COMPETED IN THE PAST IN MANY RACES HERE LOCALLY AND DON'T WANT TO BOAST BUT I CAN HOLD MY OWN.

LAST WEEK I TOOK OUT MY NEW iSONIC 101 OUT WITH AN RS SLALOM 6.2M AND MY WHISTLING 34 DRAKE FIN SUPPLIED WITH THE BOARD. (SEE MY PREVIOUS QUESTION ON THE WHISTLING FIN. I DID WHAT YOU RECOMMENDED BUT STILL IT WHISTLES SAME AS BEFORE)THE WIND WAS ABT 5 BEAUFORT OFFSHORE AND I SAIL ABT 400-1KM AWAY FROM THE SHORE AND WITH BIG BIG CHOP. ALL WAS OK AT FIRST. SUDDENLY THE WIND PICKED UP A BIT AND THE BOARD BECAME A PIG TO CONTROL. THE SAIL WAS NO PROBLEM BUT THE BOARD ALTHOUGH DAMN FAST WAS REALLY HARD TO CONTROL IN THE CHOP. I WAS EVEN FINDING HARD TO CHANGE THE ANGLE OF ATTACK. THE BOARD JUST WOULDN'T RESPOND.

I'VE BEEN WINDSURFING FOR A LONG TIME AND I'M MORE OF AN OLD SCHOOL SLALOM KIND OF GUY BUT I READ A FEW THREADS ON THE FORUM AND WAS CONVINCED TO TRY OUT THE 101.

WHAT CAN U RECOMMEND. WAS THE FIN TOO BIG, OR IS THE BOARD TOO BIG FOR ME FOR A 6.2M??? SHOULD I SET THE FOOTSTRAPS IN THE MIDDLE FOR CASES LIKE THESE (CURRENTLY THEY ARE AT THE BACK).

THE PROBLEM IS WHERE I SAIL WE DON'T HAVE THE LUXURY TO COME TO SHORE AND CHANGE SAILS/FINS/FOOTSTRAPS ETC ETC. WHEN WE GO OUT YOU HAVE TO MAKE DO WITH WHAT YOU STARTED WHEN YOU LEFT THE SHORE NO MATTER WHAT THE WIND DOES.

TO BE HONEST WITH YOU I NOWADAYS I ONLY SAIL FROM 6.7M DOWN CAUSE UP TO NOW I WAS USEING SUPER X BOARDS OF WAVE BOARDS AND I'M USED TO BOARDS BEING LOOSE ENOUGH AND TO CHANGE DIRECTION AT WILL. (OLD SCHOOL SLALOM BOARDS CAN STILL DO THIS) NOW I'M REALLY THINKING OF TRADING IT IN FOR AN ST 93 OR ST 104 UNLESS YOU CAN HELP ME OUT HERE. I DON'T COMPETE ANY MORE JUST BLAST AROUND SO AN ST MIGHT BE THE SOLUTION TO MY TROUBLES.

PS : ( SORRY ABT THE LONG QUESTION)
van is offline   Reply With Quote