Go Back   Starboard Forums > Free Forum

Old 25th August 2006, 11:55 PM   #91
windsurferdagg

Send a message via MSN to windsurferdagg
Default RE: SB2007 website is online now, please post your comment here.

maybe you could make a video catologue. Kind of like waht you did in 2004. Have somebody explain the board techniqually and than people riding it and showing a 360 degree shot of the board, explain tips like the guy said somewhere above and other stuff like that. I watch escape from pressure almost everyday on my ipod and it would be great to see all the boards in action as well as a detailed explination with someone pointing out what the spiraling vee is and where it is on the board. Maybe even rigging tips too.

Thomas
windsurferdagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2006, 01:53 AM   #92
Duracell

repeated 503's == we want you to know that we can't get a website going...
Duracell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2006, 02:04 AM   #93
Duracell

WHAT SANE REASON is there for dynamic product pages (e.g. board description)?????????????????????????????

I'll give one I hear all the time:
I always wanted to try it out, it worked, I don't understand why it doesn't work all the time
(the mental answer: hey dumbo, do what you can, leave what you can't AND don't experiment with other people's time and reputation:@
the official answer to programmers empolyed with customers: software isn't always as easy as it looks...)
Duracell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2006, 06:13 AM   #94
cholo

Search seems to run somehow but does not display the results at all ore only one.:@
cholo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2006, 06:24 PM   #95
jonnyc

Default RE: Nice to see you listen

Quote:
jonnyc wrote:
Maybe it's just me but I like to see pictures of the boards, I'd like to buy so top and bottom shots of all volume sizes, preferably a short vid of someone riding that type of board gives me a feel for how it goes. Oh and pictures rather than graphic images of the boards!

Also you have Peter Hart as a team member maybe get him to do some board specific tips, so buyers can get the most from the boards straight away! I have been on trips with him and that is what he does best, he's a great coach, but a rubbish windsurfer sorry pete just joking about the rubbish windsurfer!!

But I like the site, few broken bits but nothing major, I do think you should get a Portal rather than just a website, then you integrate weather and lots of other stuff. (did I mention I work for a large software company )

Jon
I am very pleased to see most of my idea's have been implemented! They look great, nice to feel as if we can make a difference! Good to know you guys are listening and taking notice!
jonnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2006, 07:28 PM   #96
RobSwift

Actually, I used to read the boards on this website a lot, but since it was changed I've stayed away. I don't know if it just the fact that it was new or some other reason. Now, I'm registered and have found it isn't slow and easy to view. However, the grey and black theme has to be the most depressing format I've ever seen added to a website. I get this feeling I'm entering a Gothic or Heavy Metal world.
RobSwift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2006, 04:25 AM   #97
James

Wow, this website is moving slower than molasses in January (when it's moving at all)! I hope you guys are getting a new server or something for the forum because it's so slow and flukey that it is basically impossible to use. I don't think registration has hurt the # of posting nearly as much as the fact that the website is scarcely functional. Now I can't even read this thread to see what's wrong!
James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2006, 01:49 PM   #98
cmeisner

Since the last three days the only thing i get when trying to browse a text is:

Can't create/write to file '/var/tmp/#sql_13de8_0.MYD' (Errcode: 24)Can't create/write to file '/var/tmp/#sql_13de8_0.MYD' (Errcode: 24

The web-site is terribly slow. Now forum browsing constantly opens new windows. etc. etc. I love the products but .... probably will live this site for a while untill i get remotely usable. Sorry to be so harsh but that is simply a matter of fact as seen from my end.
cmeisner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2006, 01:59 PM   #99
geo

New site graphics/look is very nice, although the old one was nice too.
Nevertheless IMVVHO the effects of any possible change for better are vastly surpassed by all the troubles generated by the new site. The windsurfing industry is not new to horrible, unnecessarily complicated web sites (I am thinking of North Sails, F2, RRD, Drops...), your old site was a nice refreshing experience in comparison. Now sadly you have joined that band.
Pages are slow to open (even with ADSL). The forum does not show the threads. Parts are lacking (i. e., the iSonic 94 detailed image does not open).
Usually "computer people" like unnecessarily complicated "solutions": it is their job to maintain a knowledge gap towards us "non-pros", in a fast knowledge-spreading world, in order to keep earning money in the future. We (you, in this case) should be smarter. The old site worked, and what one can notice when accessing to a new site is mostly new graphics: no need to change softwares. I hope at least you will stay away from flash pages.
geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2006, 11:26 PM   #100
steveC

It appears that serious problems are continuing to severely cripple the website. I think everyone would like to see things normalize, and I believe that they will, but it would be helpful to get some general background information about what's going on. Being in a vacuum is like being nowhere. A little sharing would make a lot of difference. Also, if possible, a target schedule for the resolution of problems would be great.
steveC is offline   Reply With Quote