Go Back   Starboard Forums > Ask Our Team

Old 5th January 2011, 04:02 AM   #1
agrelon

Default Futura 93l + Small fin for learning sliding freestyle?

I want to start learning vulcans. The smallest fin I have for my Futura 93l is a 30 freeride swift, which is quite easy to spinout with.

Would center back footstraps + <5.8m camberless sail + 30cm fin be alright to start learning vulcans, or would I get too much grip from this fin?

As soon as I have the chance, I going to give it a go regardless, but I'd also like to hear from some freestyle experts to know if this fin/board is going to make my life more difficult.

Thanks.
Old 7th January 2011, 04:20 AM   #2
Chris Pressler

Hi Agrelon,
I am sure you can practice the airjibe (vulcan) on the Futura 93. Yes, 5,8 m is perfect and just one single strap in the back is fine. Can remember, when I learnt the move in 2000 I used a Carve 99. Used just one strap in the back, but had only the option to fix it cross. Was fine. And used a shorter fin, around 24 cm.
You should check out a freestyle fin in 24cm with Tuttle Box system and check out some vids before you practice.

Good luck,
Chris

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Chris Pressler is offline   Reply With Quote