Go Back   Starboard Forums > Free Forum

Old 16th March 2011, 12:08 AM   #81
Unregistered

Why do we have to have one brand events? Why not have all the brands get together and run mass events with kit from all the brands similar to Defi wind. There can be class winners, prizes for the NP One class, the Bic 293 class, the Kona class etc etc.

I am not sure if there enough mass for individual events but there certainly is for mixed events. Yes, I know not all teams are singing from the same hymn sheet so lets bang head together and do something about it. Here in the UK for example we have masterblaster events at the superb NWF in hayling where we do have class prizes. It works and when you see 300+ entrants and thousands of spectators on a wet windy day you realise what we could have.

Phill
Old 16th March 2011, 09:46 AM   #82
PrydeMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Why do we have to have one brand events? Why not have all the brands get together and run mass events with kit from all the brands similar to Defi wind. There can be class winners, prizes for the NP One class, the Bic 293 class, the Kona class etc etc.

I am not sure if there enough mass for individual events but there certainly is for mixed events. Yes, I know not all teams are singing from the same hymn sheet so lets bang head together and do something about it. Here in the UK for example we have masterblaster events at the superb NWF in hayling where we do have class prizes. It works and when you see 300+ entrants and thousands of spectators on a wet windy day you realise what we could have.

Phill
Thats my aim done here Vic Aus.
PrydeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2011, 08:09 AM   #83
Unregistered

What ever happened to the idea of brightly-colored sails, turquoise water, and the occasional cute topless chick as promotion???
Old 28th March 2011, 01:35 AM   #84
GURGLETROUSERS

The water up here is dirty grey.

My sails are all covered in sand and sh$te.

The topless 80's chics all died of pneumonia!
GURGLETROUSERS is offline   Reply With Quote