Old 28th February 2011, 02:11 AM   #1
berg

Default Formula forum?

is It good idea to make formula forum to share experience and all kinds of stuff for tuis group ? Or is this not god idea

Like to hear

berg
berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2011, 08:12 AM   #2
Unregistered

i agree with berg, it would make our lives easier if there was forum strickly decicated to formula
Old 3rd March 2011, 12:57 PM   #3
Remi
STARBOARD DEVELOPMENT

Hi Berg,

Interesting topic.

Do you think will we have more questions if their a forum dedicate for Formula, actually they can ask the questions on Ask Your Team or Free Forum?

Do we need at this time to have one also for Slalom, Free-ride, wave, etc?

All the best

Can answer if you have any questions on this following boards :

Carve 111, 121, 131, 141, 151 & 161
Futura 93, 101, 111, 121, 131 & 141.
iSonic 80, 87, 90, 97, 107, 110, 117 & 130
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

UltraSonic 147
Formula Experience One Design
Phantom Race 377 & 377 L / 320
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Phantom 295 L :

Formula 167 :

Racing Serinity Cat Concept
Remi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2011, 09:34 PM   #4
Ken

I think a dedicated formula forum would be a good idea if the volume of posts made it difficult to search out only formula. However, at the present time, the volume of posts for any specific type of sailing (freestyle, slalom, formula, freeride, sup, wave, etc.) is so small that finding what you want to read is VERY easy. It also depends on how often one looks at the forum. If it's once a month, then finding posts on a particular subject may take a minute or two longer.

If each discipline had it's own page, would it increase participation? I don't know, but I don't think it is needed at this point in time. I am a formula sailor, so I always look at formula posts.
Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2011, 05:40 PM   #5
nonopr

I agree on the Formula Forum.....
nonopr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2011, 09:26 PM   #6
Unregistered

What about the formulawindsurfing.org web page?
Old 5th March 2011, 12:39 AM   #7
sergio k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What about the formulawindsurfing.org web page?
That's what I thought of too, formulawindsurfing.org has a forum, but maybe not as active as I would like...
Maybe it makes sense to break free forum into sailing categories: Race (formula/slalom), Freeride, Wave -
one advantage I see, would be easier to find a answer to a Q
Old 7th March 2011, 04:06 AM   #8
berg

Well,

specific forum for starboards here is benefit because all owners here have starboard. So It is lot of information we can share. Also starboard could benefit from this. Would It be great all info of THE HWR here About THE Fins for example. Cant finf forum in THE world with this info.
berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2011, 09:37 PM   #9
Ken

I guess the question is - If there was a formula forum, would formula sailors post questions that they don't already post on the current forum?

I don't think the existence of a formula forum would motivate me to ask questions that I don't already ask on the current forums. It may be different for other sailors.
Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2011, 07:23 PM   #10
elivillalabeitia

Default Formula forum

I have post before about information on formula technique and tactics because there is not much information about it inthe web or this forum.
As starbord is supporting the formula experience and ithink the plan is make it appealling to every one, yes there is a need of a dedicated forum, we all know that for a novice formula boards are very earlly plannig but from there to race it is it a whole different game.
Anyways there is a forum for Peter Hart, who is a guru, but he has not posts in one year or so
Eli
elivillalabeitia is offline   Reply With Quote