Go Back   Starboard Forums > Free Forum

Old 9th February 2007, 01:44 PM   #11
Ian Fox
STARBOARD

Default RE: steveC vs.

PS : Nope, the Apollo won't plane in 2 knots.
Ian Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2007, 04:07 PM   #12

- to the wanna be contributors of the month: the original poster couldn't care less (what do you win again? a virtual pat on your back (wow), what do you lose (your selfrespect, hmm a real hard decision))

- ? is "l e e d" a forbidden word? was supposed to be last word in subject title...

steveC does contribute (never said he didn't) but quite often you just can't tell where his head ends and e.g. a star-board forum member asses starts.

You can be objective, positive or just a local resident in someones arse.

tada

the fun is back in town
Guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2007, 06:44 PM   #13

Is it true that steveC's entire Starboard kit is only consists of one bloody new *board tShirt???? How ironic when he wins the board.
It will be his first Starboard ever? Can't wait to hear the acceptance speech.
Seems appropriate, I reckon. Lead on Miss Amerika.
Old 10th February 2007, 12:45 AM   #14

my toilet door would plane in 2 kts of wind providing the current would push it fast enough against the wind (e.g. 14kts, toilet doors don't plane all too early)
Old 10th February 2007, 04:49 AM   #15
o2bnme

Send a message via AIM to o2bnme Send a message via Yahoo to o2bnme

This is an amazing thread. I vaguely remember reading about a contest but never even thought that I was competing for anything every time I posted. I'm just here for rule #1. ;-)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
o2bnme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2007, 05:13 AM   #16
Jean-Marc
TEAM

Guys,

Do high-quality contributions need to be made by owners of StarBoard products on any of our 8 forums ? Not at all.

That's an openess and fairplay of the game which should be truly recognized for what it is for : quality and respect, regardless of your background, will be celebrated. Discourteous, rude and reckless behavior of all sorts should certainly not be rewarded. End of story.

Cheers !

JM
Jean-Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2007, 05:09 PM   #17
crazychemical

theoreticlally, if one would be able to make a huge sail, and i'm talking huuuuuuge, and then get a special adapted board for such a sail (like a new disigned formula which would have to be about 200 liters) i do thing one is able to plane in 2k :d but there are technical bounderies to take in acount and furthermore, by increasing the mass of the baord and it's voluwe the sticking abilety of the water increases on the bottom of the board making the efforts futile again unless we find superligt materials to use (and those usually break).
So it wouldn't plane in my opinion :d
Old 10th February 2007, 08:58 PM   #18

I reckon "quality" is in eye of beholder.
Apparently, steveC doesn't believe in the quality of Starboard products enough to own one. It's fair to say that it seems he hasn't spent even one of his hard earned nickels on one. Perhaps, he should enter that caveat on his profile or sig line. In fact, I can't discern from reading his droppings that he's EVER even ridden a Starboard product!
Of course, he's welcome to dispute that.

???Foolish men mistake transitory semblance for eternal fact??
(Thomas Carlyle)
Old 10th February 2007, 10:06 PM   #19
-Lampi-

Send a message via MSN to -Lampi-

Hi all..

THERE ARE TWELVE MONTS IN THE YEAR. If you didn't win january, try harder in february And so on and so on....

So stop talking about what steve c did and didn't do!! What if someone was saying those things about you? Who cares if he doesn't ride starboards? What if he likes his customs? I'm sure i wouldn't buy production boards from ANY company if i could make my own board that is surely and without a doubt stiffer than the production one.

The guest that started this thread is just jellous because he doesn't take the time to write all those long helpfull replys that hepl people decide what to do.

As for the 2k planing.... Ever heard of light wind freestyle people?

It's about having fun, not planning

Old 11th February 2007, 01:49 AM   #20

Simple question.
Has steveC EVER ridden a Starboard?
Yes or no, please.