Go Back   Starboard Forums > Free Forum

Old 11th April 2011, 11:10 AM   #1
Unregistered

Default Twin fin or single fin

I have just learnt to waterstart and am going to get a wave board. I want to use it for freeriding too. would a twin fin or single fin be better
Old 11th April 2011, 03:01 PM   #2
PG

I think that the general rule would be to go for a relatively fast single fin waveboard, like the Kode. Or, if slighly older, an Acid.

These types of boards should provide plenty of freeride fun, and work really nicely in the waves. At this point in your career I would suggest that you look for a used waveboard, there are plenty of those floating around in the second hand market. With the current craze for quad boards I would guess you could pick up a singlefin for a very decent sum.
PG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2011, 04:53 PM   #3
Waiting4wind

No disrespect intended. If you've just started to waterstart then i'd say you'd be at the level that you probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference between a single or twin fin wave board. I would reccommend looking at FSW type board, eg Kode, they will be more user friendly and versatile in a broad range of conditions.
Waiting4wind is offline   Reply With Quote