Go Back   Starboard Forums > Free Forum

Old 21st August 2011, 05:51 AM   #21
Remi
STARBOARD DEVELOPMENT

Hi All

New concept for light winds who is more faster and more stable : http://vimeo.com/27572165

All the best

Can answer if you have any questions on this following boards :

Carve 111, 121, 131, 141, 151 & 161
Futura 93, 101, 111, 121, 131 & 141.
iSonic 80, 87, 90, 97, 107, 110, 117 & 130
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

UltraSonic 147
Formula Experience One Design
Phantom Race 377 & 377 L / 320
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Phantom 295 L :

Formula 167 :

Racing Serinity Cat Concept
Remi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2011, 10:47 PM   #22
nakaniko

Wow!!!
So nice!!!
I'm without words.
At the first moment, then...
This comes after the (too) big Serenity Catamaran, seen in the cataloque but never put on production, the cute smaller Super Cat, never seen or talked about on SB website but "revealed" on few magazines, and the this interesting Racing Serenity Cat, the first with two asymmetric hulls, shorter than original Serenity as it can be seen from video (and from the speed you have to tack it...)
I don't know if it will be set on production, I would have bee a lot courious to try and or test it. But I'm asking myself if someone would consider to buy a board like this, more "complicated" than the simple Serenity, assuming the price would be higher than the Serenity itself. But ifor sure it is a total new and interesting challenge to other racing boards that are now (re)appearing on the market.
About stability, in my experience Serenity has not so much problems of stability, I mean compared to other performing boards. Hey it's an advanced windsurf! And like all advenced boards it needs some skill, but this is what I call an emotional board.
Anyway: some specs and impressions of the Serenity Racing Cat? Fixed or adjustable width (like on never-seen- Super Cat)? Detachable hulls for carrying? Why asymmetric hulls instead of symmetric like on both the previous pojects? What difference of price can be supposed compared to a Serenity (I mean for more or less constuction costs)?
Yes, I admit that the reduced lenght and the more speed you've told let me imagin the faces of other windsurfers when crossing my lake with a Racing Serenity Cat on a poor wind day when all are almost stopped with their freestyle and slalom boards...

Last edited by nakaniko; 21st August 2011 at 11:00 PM. Reason: typing mistakes
nakaniko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2011, 11:57 AM   #23
Remi
STARBOARD DEVELOPMENT

Hi Nakaniko,

This is a Concept and will be probably never in production for cost problems, basically is on Serenity cut in the middle for 2 reason (try to make as less expensive as possible but also if you have 2 symmetric hulls you can't have the hulls so close due to the waves they will make between the 2 hulls and make slower than the Serenity) so the length is exactly the same. And yes it's possible to reduce the width, you can play on 10cm.
The reason that it's tacking very well is because the center fin is more in front and is narrow than the wide production Serenity fin.
I am still working on it to have it in cheap construction and in 5 pieces, so easy to transport.
About the stability the Serenity is ok under 10 knots but you need already a good skill but here you can use it with Fun until 20 knots even down wind and still stable!!! I didn't have my Go Pro HD at this time but will post another one as soon I can do it.
All the best

Can answer if you have any questions on this following boards :

Carve 111, 121, 131, 141, 151 & 161
Futura 93, 101, 111, 121, 131 & 141.
iSonic 80, 87, 90, 97, 107, 110, 117 & 130

UltraSonic 147
Formula Experience One Design
Phantom Race 377 & 377 L / 320

Phantom 295 L :

Formula 167 :

Racing Serinity Cat Concept

Last edited by Remi; 22nd August 2011 at 11:59 AM.
Remi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2011, 04:40 PM   #24
nakaniko

A lot of interesting things form the news you are telling me (-us all).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remi View Post
...This is a Concept and will be probably never in production for cost problems, basically is on Serenity cut in the middle for 2 reason (try to make as less expensive as possible....
I was supposing it, but if you are trying to make it less expensive as possible so there should be a reason like some hope of a final production...

Quote:
Hi Nakaniko, I am still working on it to have it in cheap construction and in 5 pieces, so easy to transport.
Hehehe another evidence of what I've just told. And yes, the biggest issue of the original Serenity is imho transportation, 460+ cm cars are not so common here in Europe and rules for carrying it over the roof of shorter cars are heavy in Italy (better in Germany).

Quote:
The reason that it's tacking very well is because the center fin is more in front and is narrow than the wide production Serenity fin.
Basically what I was meaning is thet it seems you have to be a lot quicker in tacking, I suppose due to low volume in the bow(s). And yes the ONLY fin can be seen in one jibe, so where is the finbox? In the middle bridge that connects the two hulls? Tooooo courious...

Quote:
About the stability the Serenity is ok under 10 knots but you need already a good skill but here you can use it with Fun until 20 knots even down wind and still stable!!! I didn't have my Go Pro HD at this time but will post another one as soon I can do it.
Wow, I can't imagine downwind at 20 knots! And strapless... Even if some temptations to fit a straps using the screws of the carrying handle and the ones of the daggerfin... Useless up to 10 knots but near 20... I can't wait to see the flying gondola sessions!
But I'll never have the courage to dare this on my own, I'me pretty sure I would damage my beloved Serenity as I do almost every season with the nose of my cheap Scores.

Ok, stop, back to work with the 5% of my brain that doesn't think at windsurfing.
Old 23rd August 2011, 05:02 AM   #25
amateur

Default Serenity in Russia!

Serenity in Moscow and surfcar for the wery lo-o-o-ng board.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (70.8 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (94.9 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (79.1 KB, 11 views)
amateur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2011, 05:56 AM   #26
nakaniko

Hehehe as usual Serenity flies when other windsurfer cries.
Good for carrying, imho the best a van with long roof, Here in Italy we have as usual heavy law rules for carrying items longer than the car.
If you find a young Moscow rider named Yuri Sharov give him pleasemy best salutes, I've surfed with him a pair of times in Italy

Last edited by nakaniko; 24th August 2011 at 05:59 AM.
Old 12th June 2012, 06:44 PM   #27
matjes

Default keep the lightwind spirit

Quote:
Hi All

New concept for light winds who is more faster and more stable
All the best
Very good and interesting!! Surfing (or is it more sailing?) my serenity since 2009 and enjoying it everytime again - I would love to see new concepts in this area. Honestly the serenity is my most used board (although I am addicted to freestyle) due to the lack of wind when not working ;-)...so, the fun factor of the concept is mostly underestimated...so I would be a potential customer of such a serenity racing cat...otherwise please send me the most important hints for building it myself ;-)
matjes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2012, 10:08 PM   #28
nakaniko ungistered

Sorry to tell you that Serenity is out of production and so it seems for all the projects around it, like the catamaran
Trhe battle field about lightwind now is between Phantoms Race and Exocet D2. All boards much more pricy than the Serenity
Old 17th June 2012, 11:31 PM   #29
matjes

Default SERENITY out of production??

...is this true?? This would be a very bad news for such a great board ;-(
matjes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2012, 12:57 PM   #30
Jean-Marc
TEAM

The Serenity is a specialized board for the ultra-light wind segment, as shown below :

source : http://jimbodouglass.blogspot.ch/200...rf-racing.html

She's still the queen in that segment, so she will be missed for sure

Cheers !

JM

Last edited by Jean-Marc; 19th June 2012 at 01:02 PM.
Jean-Marc is offline   Reply With Quote