Go Back   Starboard Forums > Free Forum

Old 31st May 2011, 11:02 PM   #11
Unregistered

Remember...is the indian, not the arrow....
Put the same question in the Fanatic forum...obviously....same answers but for Fanatic....
All depends..
Slalom, wave, freestyle any brand is better than other depend of the modality(?)
Regards
XL
Old 1st June 2011, 04:28 AM   #12
Unregistered

how long is a piece of string ?
Old 1st June 2011, 04:05 PM   #13
Philip

For multiple board owners not 'either or' but 'and'. Different design philosophies both valid in their own way.
Philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2011, 05:29 PM   #14
Unregistered

Personally I wouldn't buy Fanatic boards as the design they use is outdated. Starboard invent all the best new designs and end up producing the best boards.
Old 1st June 2011, 09:31 PM   #15
Unregistered

No;Starboard spend more money on sponsored sailors,glossy brochures and magazine advertising than anyone else to convince all the numpties they make the best boards !!

PS what happened to this Forum ????
Old 1st June 2011, 11:11 PM   #16
sergio k

star-board is definitely more innovating in their design and willing to think outside the 'box',
sometimes that means they get a board that's not exactly 'perfect' but overall they push industry forward,
fanatic more into 'baby' steps in their design. So, if you want latest/greatest star-board something you should check first, if you want safe/sure thing fanatic...
Old 3rd June 2011, 06:01 AM   #17
Unregistered

Fanatic boards are much better, you just need to look at the past results
Old 6th June 2011, 02:01 PM   #18
Unregistered

fanatic do seem to do a lot better on the pro circuit...
Old 6th June 2011, 03:36 PM   #19
viking

I think you cannot evaluate the boards with the results in the PWA. The rider makes 99% of the result, and the remaining 1% depends not only of the board, but of the rig and the fin too.

There is no better brand I think, but different options. Some are innovative, other do not take too much risk. Some produces very light and fragile, other reliable and heavier. There are design (it is very important!) for all the tastes. After, each brand looks to have their own speciality, fanatic and JP are famous for their freewave and wave design, Starboard has more reputation for lightwind machines like big slalom and formula.
viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2011, 12:17 PM   #20
Unregistered

Smile

I actually disagree with that because iv seen a sailor switch their board brand and ruin their career. Starboard and Fanatic are both excelent brands but over the years JP is really the one that shines for me