Go Back   Starboard Forums > Free Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31st May 2011, 11:02 PM   #11
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Remember...is the indian, not the arrow....
Put the same question in the Fanatic forum...obviously....same answers but for Fanatic....
All depends..
Slalom, wave, freestyle any brand is better than other depend of the modality(?)
Regards
XL
  Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2011, 04:28 AM   #12
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

how long is a piece of string ?
  Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2011, 04:05 PM   #13
Philip
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 159
Default

For multiple board owners not 'either or' but 'and'. Different design philosophies both valid in their own way.
Philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2011, 05:29 PM   #14
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Post

Personally I wouldn't buy Fanatic boards as the design they use is outdated. Starboard invent all the best new designs and end up producing the best boards.
  Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2011, 09:31 PM   #15
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

No;Starboard spend more money on sponsored sailors,glossy brochures and magazine advertising than anyone else to convince all the numpties they make the best boards !!

PS what happened to this Forum ????
  Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2011, 11:11 PM   #16
sergio k
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

star-board is definitely more innovating in their design and willing to think outside the 'box',
sometimes that means they get a board that's not exactly 'perfect' but overall they push industry forward,
fanatic more into 'baby' steps in their design. So, if you want latest/greatest star-board something you should check first, if you want safe/sure thing fanatic...
  Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2011, 06:01 AM   #17
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Fanatic boards are much better, you just need to look at the past results
  Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2011, 02:01 PM   #18
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Post

fanatic do seem to do a lot better on the pro circuit...
  Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2011, 03:36 PM   #19
viking
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Thailand, France
Posts: 148
Default

I think you cannot evaluate the boards with the results in the PWA. The rider makes 99% of the result, and the remaining 1% depends not only of the board, but of the rig and the fin too.

There is no better brand I think, but different options. Some are innovative, other do not take too much risk. Some produces very light and fragile, other reliable and heavier. There are design (it is very important!) for all the tastes. After, each brand looks to have their own speciality, fanatic and JP are famous for their freewave and wave design, Starboard has more reputation for lightwind machines like big slalom and formula.
viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2011, 12:17 PM   #20
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Smile

I actually disagree with that because iv seen a sailor switch their board brand and ruin their career. Starboard and Fanatic are both excelent brands but over the years JP is really the one that shines for me
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
starboard, wavesailing

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Replacement for my Fanatic Falcon 111 Unregistered Free Forum 4 18th October 2008 04:33 PM
Vendo Fanatic ERay 145 Unregistered Free Forum 0 24th May 2008 07:20 AM
iSonic 111 or Fanatic Falcon 105 everaarts-trainingen Ask Our Team 13 10th January 2008 12:49 AM
Which is faster ... Fanatic 05 FW 86 or 07 FW 86 Guest Free Forum 2 6th May 2007 08:46 AM
FANATIC tripleX 105 MDL3MD Spanish Forum 0 10th September 2006 09:42 PM


All times are GMT +7. The time now is 11:26 PM.