Go Back   Starboard Forums > Ask Our Team

Old 16th October 2011, 03:01 AM   #51
ZedZdeD

please concentrate on quality of construction, durability, reliability, the 2011 model was already supposed to be a new construction, more durable than the previous one ...

a super light super expensive board which is dead in one year is a good way to definitively disgust your customers

Fanatic UltraCat and other past models were still up and kicking after 20 years, so it should be perfectly feasable, no matter if the board weighs a few reasonable kilograms more, I want my board to be more heavy and more durable

I want to read here that Starboard raceboards are robust, durable, reliable like concrete, not that they delaminate, bubble, become yellow, or, as I experienced personnally with two boards, absorb water

time to review your priorities, thank you
ZedZdeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2011, 01:59 PM   #52
Remi
STARBOARD DEVELOPMENT

Hi ZedZdeD,

So the new construction is definitely more stronger than the 2011 models with no more UD 80 who was the problems on this boards, now we are using Biax/Cabon 150g on Deck like the 2011 models but with also Biax/Carbon 100g on bottom, so more longitudinal crack or absorb water.

I am aware like you to make it better so the reason why this new board come on the market to replace the 2011 model and definitely change the image of Phantom Race.

The board will be the weapon and also strong and lighter, so perfect good results in 2012.

All the best

Can answer if you have any questions on this following boards :

Carve 111, 121, 131, 141, 151 & 161
Futura 93, 101, 111, 121, 131 & 141.
iSonic 80, 87, 90, 97, 107, 110, 117 & 130
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

UltraSonic 147
Formula Experience One Design
Phantom Race 377 & 377 L / 320
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Phantom 295 L :

Formula 167 :

Racing Serinity Cat Concept
Remi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2011, 01:38 AM   #53
ZedZdeD

sans rapport avec la Phantom,
je signale également un problème avec les footstraps de ma Futura 93 2011,
ils sont réglables par sangle, c'est le bon système, très pratique,
mais ils sont trop longs, même serrés à fond, j'ai les pieds (44 et toujours en chaussons) qui s'enfoncent trop profondément, sont difficiles à ressortir, c'est désagréable et très dangereux

bizarrement, les straps neil pryde à sangle et les straps sideon à sangle sont également trop longs

la plage de réglage n'est pas bonne
merci de régler également ce point important si ce n'est déjà fait pour 2012

Last edited by ZedZdeD; 18th October 2011 at 01:41 AM.
Old 18th October 2011, 02:03 AM   #54
Remi
STARBOARD DEVELOPMENT

Bonjour ZedZdeD,

Ce point est réglé depuis 2011, les straps ne sont plus à sangle interne.

Amicalement

Can answer if you have any questions on this following boards :

Carve 111, 121, 131, 141, 151 & 161
Futura 93, 101, 111, 121, 131 & 141.
iSonic 80, 87, 90, 97, 107, 110, 117 & 130

UltraSonic 147
Formula Experience One Design
Phantom Race 377 & 377 L / 320

Phantom 295 L :

Formula 167 :

Racing Serinity Cat Concept
Remi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2011, 06:15 AM   #55
Joe

Anybody sail a 377 yet?
Are they being shipped yet?
Would love to hear some reviews?
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2011, 05:12 PM   #56
bushfire.one

I collected my new raceboard from Sam at WSnS this morning - it was delivered late yesterday. After closely examining the four boards I selected mine, strapped it onto the roof racks and then drove back to home. Screwing in the footstraps and fixing in the centreboard took about an hour (remember to "soap" the footstrap screws), then off to my local patch of water for a christening! Unfortunately the southerly which has been so sweet this week was on its last legs so I only had 5- 8 knots. Without a raceboard sail (hopefully next week delivery) I rigged up the Severne Reflex2 9.2 and hit the water, knowing I would be underdone in the horsepower stakes, but excited to try the new weapon. After sailing around for about an hour these are my initial impressions;

(1) Nice on water control - easy to tack and gybe (light wind!)
(2) The board rails easily and is stable in different "tilts" - there is more than one comfortable position.
(3) The board accelerates very readily on a gust or pump.
(4) It is easy to pump onto the plane off the wind (even in the light winds) - the wide tail seems to do its job very well.

In my short time on the water I am impressed with the board. Of course this was only in light winds, but I feel it will be even better when the wind is up. I really like the fact that it is not too wide or "volumous" - the dimensions are very similar to my AHD ProRace 380, which was a winner in its time (and probably still is!).

Other things to note;

(1) It is not a light weight board - I measured about 17kgs with every thing on board except a fin - a bit lighter than my AHD. Construction looks very good. Solid and not too fragile.
(2) The centreboard works very well - I was expecting a bit of a battle here, but it rotates quite well (remember to silicone spray the CB before a session). Having said that I feel the centreboard is too low in the housing because it "bulges" the slot flusher when retracted. Some simple spacers should fix that.
(3) The centreboard is 78cm long. The included fin is a Drake/Debouchet R13 52cm.
(4) There is no universal joint included.

All in all I'm impressed with what I got. Testing against other boards begins tomorrow - the forecast wind doesn't look too good though.

bushfire.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2011, 11:28 PM   #57
Joe

Hey bushfire - good review.

What is your guess on planing windspeed - 8 knots?

Thanks
Joe
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2011, 11:47 PM   #58
JE-Sweden

Sounds nice! There is something special with raceboards.. More money and I bought a 377 too.
Cant wait untill I get my 295 and spring!
JE-Sweden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2012, 03:04 AM   #59
ZedZdeD

I very much hope Starboard will propose a Phantom 310 with batwings and carbon construction next year, to meet the new specifications of the hybrid raceboards definition. That would be a day one buy for me.
Old 1st January 2012, 03:53 PM   #60
JE-Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZedZdeD View Post
I very much hope Starboard will propose a Phantom 310 with batwings and carbon construction next year, to meet the new specifications of the hybrid raceboards definition. That would be a day one buy for me.
As I understand the 295 will be the Hybrid for Starboard in the nearest future.
JE-Sweden is offline   Reply With Quote