Go Back   Starboard Forums > Ask Our Team

Old 27th September 2010, 04:11 PM   #1
Giuseppe

Default Fins quiver for Kode 86?

Hi guys,
can suggest me a fin quiver to use on my new Kode Wood Carbon 2010?
My weight is about 70 kg.
I really like this board very very nice good job.
Thanks in advance.
Giuseppe
Giuseppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2010, 04:32 PM   #2
Ola_H
TEAM

It depends a bit on sail sizes and what type of sailing you'll be doing.

The original 25 Drake Natural is a very good all round fin, covering both freeride type of sailing and wave sailing. If you want to improve freeride type sailing even further, you could look for a stiffer and more upright fin, like a Drake Crossover (a similar fin is in the Gsport lineup); 24cm for 5.0 and up and maybe 26 for increasing upwind and early planing with sails around 6.0.

For waves, particularly in better waves or with sails from 5.3 and below you might want to consider a smaller Drake natural wave fin. I suggest a 22 or 23 as the smallest for this board.
Ola_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2010, 08:29 PM   #3
Giuseppe

Thanks Hola much appreciated.
Old 5th October 2010, 09:08 PM   #4
Giuseppe

Hi guys I've try my new Kode 86 wood carbon in a lot of wind conditions and I can say that is a very amazing board! Very nice I love it.
I've try it in 5.4-4.8 and 4.2! What's a surprise the boards rips also in 4.2 with a smaller fin. At the beginning I was a little afraid to put my 4.2 in my Kode, but...immediatly I've find the right feeling very nice. The boards rips also in small waves in side conditions. I've find also a super up wind propension.
Try it in flat water I've find top speed in 5.4 and early plannig. To jibe is a real pleasure.
I am very happy, with this board a normal windsurfing day become a very nice day.
Good job guys
Congrats
Giuseppe
Old 26th October 2010, 08:49 PM   #5
Giuseppe

My kode 86 2010
Sunday one of my friends take and try my board with 4.8 and small wave, well he comes back on the beach after 40 minutes, he said this is a real nice board and this is what a freestyle/wave board is designed for; probably the most ideal "One Board" on the market.
Ciao!
Old 26th October 2010, 09:23 PM   #6
Ola_H
TEAM

Awesome that it's working so well. I like it too. Keep the reports coming.
Ola_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2010, 03:11 PM   #7
Giuseppe

Saturday I've try again my Kode 86 in Onshore conditions and with my 5.4. With my fin 23cm the board rips real well also in short turn inside wave, but one of the most important and beautiful thing is the up wind propension that allow you to take more wave, more and more. A new surprise is that with this board is also easy to pass the shore break!!! Porbably in wave mode the best fin quiver is from 21 to 23; for B&J the 25cm works well. On the sea I've checked another guy with the Kode 96 he was in 5.3. Well in a strait line I've see that also him have a lot of speed, very hard to pass him on the water. I've take him only at the end near the beach hihihi.
In conclusion with this board a not idilliac day of wind, become really better.
Ciao!
Old 4th April 2011, 03:46 PM   #8
Giuseppe

Finnally after a cold winter the windsurfing season is coming back and it looks like also the wind. Saturday after 5 month I've used my Kode 86 and guys for me is the idilliac "one board".
Old 4th April 2011, 05:47 PM   #9
Ray Timm

I've been riding my K86 for the past two months in Arabian Gulf and have to agree with Giuseppe. Just a great versatile board that works well in most any conditions.
Ray Timm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2011, 02:11 AM   #10
Giuseppe

This is a real 4x4. Team Starboard have found the legendary concept "One board for all conditions". I am really impressed, a good definition: F4 (four motion, four fun)

Versatile/Performance/Beauty/Fun=Kode 86