Go Back   Starboard Forums > Free Forum

Old 19th November 2011, 07:03 AM   #11
mcross19

Belskorpio, yes I understand the reasoning of using a full on race sail, I suppose the extra hassle of weight and rigging a sail with one extra cam is insignificant anyway. I can get my hands on a used 2010 11m Reflex but it requires a 550 mast, an expensive addition.

Remi, yes perhaps I did put too much outhaul on but I thought this would depower the sail and make it feel lighter. I did start off with the recomended outhaul setting though and just added another 2cm later on in the day to see if it would make any difference. Do these multi cambered sails like less outhaul? Are they the opposite of a no cambered sail? In which I mean that when you apply more outhaul to a no cambered sail it depowers it, makes it feel lighter and handles the gusts better.
mcross19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2011, 06:18 AM   #12
Unregistered

Are you using on-the-fly adjustable outhaul? If not, consider getting at least a set that adjusts on one side only. A sail that big will be very sensitive to outhaul adjustment, and it's too hard to get it right on the beach. I end up adjusting the outhaul at least few times during a session as conditions change. Until I got it, I thought it was only for racers (or wannabes) but it really is very useful.