Go Back   Starboard Forums > Kevin`s Corner

Old 21st March 2007, 07:29 PM   #1
RobSwift

Default Your Photography

The pics you are putting up on your blog are rather good. Where do you mount the camera when you are sailing? That recent photo of your brother came out well. I've never been to these locations in Hawaii and wonder how you can capture photos so closely to the wave sailors. Are there spots on land that give you the good angles? Do you use a telephoto lens? I also figure you have had some instruction as your compositions are rather artful. Did you?
RobSwift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2007, 10:59 AM   #2
Kevin Pritchard
Dream Team Member

Default RE: Your Photography

I do have a 500mm lens but most of the good shots that I like are from the water or from mounting it on my rig. I havent had any instruction on my photos and I am just kinda winging it as I go. I really like doing it and I have had shots take of me for the past 15 years so I kinda know what to do because I have been watching others take them of me for so long.

I am glad you like them. I try o be arty and good composition but sometimes it doesnt always come out like that. Thanks for the comment and I will keep posting..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Kevin Pritchard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2007, 08:49 PM   #3
WSguy

Composition isn't all that complicated. There's just a few ideas you have to keep in mind when lining up the camera. You seem to have them. Certainly going over photo's of oneself would heighten your awareness of good composition and angles. Who wants to see an unattractive picture of oneself? You might try taking photos of another sport like mountain biking.
WSguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2007, 02:39 AM   #4
Kevin Pritchard
Dream Team Member

Yah I like taking pics of sports I dont really love to do.. For me taking shots of windsurfing and surfing just makes me want to be out there more. But it is good fun when on my lunch break to go up on the hill at Hookipa and click a few.

Thanks for the kind words.

KP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Kevin Pritchard is offline   Reply With Quote