Go Back   Starboard Forums > Kevin`s Corner

Old 11th November 2006, 06:44 PM   #1
Neil

Default Which S-Type?

Need some info about which s-type to get. The coast here gets fairly choppy and sail from about 15 knots upwards. My sail sizes are 6.5 Ezzy Infinity, 5.8, 5.2 and 4.5 Ezzy Wave.
My weight is about 82kg and my height is 5'8". I have been sailing a long time so I am fairly competent. Mainly used for open water blasting and downwind runs. I can't decide whether to get the 115, 104 or 93. Any info would be much appreciated.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2006, 02:00 AM   #2
Kevin Pritchard
Dream Team Member

Default RE: Which S-Type?

I would go with the 93 if the biggest you are going to use is 6.5. You will like it the best when you are on your smaller sizes. I am about the same size and weight so should work out great.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Kevin Pritchard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2006, 02:00 AM   #3
Kevin Pritchard
Dream Team Member

I would go with the 93 if the biggest you are going to use is 6.5. You will like it the best when you are on your smaller sizes. I am about the same size and weight so should work out great.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 19th December 2006, 06:16 PM   #4
Jerome26

Hi Kevin (sorry for my english, I'm from France),
My question is the same as Neil, but I'm about 10 kgs heavyer. My program is quite the same, and my bigest sail will be a Saber 6.2 for this board. (I'v get as well a 7.3 sail, but I prefer to use it with my 125 liter board)
Thanks for your advices
Jerome26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2006, 07:08 AM   #5
Kevin Pritchard
Dream Team Member

Jerome,

I would say go with the 93 or the 104> If you already have the 125 then maybe it is best to go with the 93. Either board i am sure you will be happy with!

Old 22nd January 2007, 02:14 AM   #6
leon michielsen

ALOHA KEVIN

My quedtion is i"m 97 kg and sails 4'7 6.2 7.2 neilpride spirit i have slalomboard of jp 100 l but i"m looking for a board that jumps and go fast i'm thinking about s-type 104 or 115 .what's your advice

Thanks from holland
leon michielsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2007, 09:17 AM   #7
Kevin Pritchard
Dream Team Member

I would go with the 115. I think you will use it more with your weight and this board can jump and go pretty dang fast.

Old 23rd January 2007, 12:56 AM   #8
sansei

Send a message via MSN to sansei

My question is the same: I??m 1,70 m and my weight is around 65 kg and my boad is a Hypersonic 105. My sails are NP 5,7 for wind speed more than 20 knots and another one is a Severne 8,0 for wind speed lower than 20. I??m wondering to change to S-type 93 or Isonic 94. What is your advice? Thank you very much. Sansei.
sansei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2007, 01:05 AM   #9
sansei

Send a message via MSN to sansei

Quote:
sansei
My question is the same: I'm 1,70 m and my weight is around 65 kg and my boad is a Hypersonic 105. My sails are NP 5,7 for wind speed more than 20 knots and another one is a Severne 8,0 for wind speed lower than 20. I'm wondering to change to S-type 93 or 126 or Isonic 94. What is your advice? Thank you very much. Sansei.
sansei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2007, 04:02 AM   #10
Kevin Pritchard
Dream Team Member

Go with the S type. It is pleanty fast and you can jump it and have tons of fun with it!!