Go Back   Starboard Forums > Free Forum

Old 2nd October 2015, 05:05 PM   #1
Unregistered

Default Freewave 86

Anybody tested kode 86 2016? Hoe does it compare to 2015 or even 2011 which i have?
Old 11th November 2015, 01:45 AM   #2
Antoine Lefebvre
STARBOARD MARKETING

Hi Unregistered,

Hopefully the reviews will start coming in shortly.

In the meantime, I can tell you the 2016 Kode FreeWave 86 has a lot more emphasis on wave performance, without any compromise on speed and straight line performance. We were able to achieve this by sacrificing the freestyle performance. Basically less pop and forgiveness in sliding maneuvers but more grip and reactivity on the wave.

If you compare it to the 2015 version, the most visible difference you can see is that the tail is a lot thinner, with thinner rails as well.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Thanks,
Old 1st March 2016, 09:13 AM   #3
Giuseppe from Italy

Hi guys if I understand we can find top speed in a straight line? I really like this, I really love my old Kode 86 2010 for speed and jibe. I would like to change my old kode 86 with the new kode 86 2016, I've not find any test. I will use it for b&j conditions and full speed with friend (sail from 4.2 to 5.4) , sometime I will use it in onshore wave conditions.
Some advice?
Thx.
Giuseppe from Italy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2016, 09:13 AM   #4
Unregistered

Default Kode 86 performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antoine Lefebvre View Post
Hi Unregistered,

Hopefully the reviews will start coming in shortly.

In the meantime, I can tell you the 2016 Kode FreeWave 86 has a lot more emphasis on wave performance, without any compromise on speed and straight line performance. We were able to achieve this by sacrificing the freestyle performance. Basically less pop and forgiveness in sliding maneuvers but more grip and reactivity on the wave.

If you compare it to the 2015 version, the most visible difference you can see is that the tail is a lot thinner, with thinner rails as well.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Thanks,
Hi Antoine, I am plannign to buy the new 86 freewave, I've the 2010 model (perfect borad I love it), I am interesting not in freestyle performance but only in straight line performance (speed) and sometime wave conditions (on-shore). Can you suggest me some tips about the trim, the new board have 3 fins...comepared to my old Kode 86, some advaice to obtain top speed in flat water or B&Jump conditios? Is better use it in single fin mode? Thx in advance
Old 29th April 2016, 04:45 PM   #5
Unregistered

What I dont like about the old Kode-2012-is how it hesitates to plane a bit , but once up and planing it goes bonkers quickly. This is rather fun in b&j sessions, but in a cross-on and on-shore break where I sail once in a while /but not enough to excuse the purchase of a dedicated wave board/ this attitude makes it very technical /for my skill/. If the switch to a more wave biased shape for 2016 makes the Kode more balanced it would be really really great! A lot of folks might miss the old sponge pads though-b&j in heavy chop makes for a harsh sailing and I doubt that the new marginal double concaves will be much of a shock absorbers.
Old 3rd May 2016, 01:41 PM   #6
Unregistered

Smile

I am planning to buy the 2016 86 I don't want other board or brand, I hope that the board is avaliable now into the surf shop