Go Back   Starboard Forums > Free Forum

Old 18th April 2016, 03:20 PM   #1
Unregistered

Default Atomiq 114 experience?

Anyone having any experience with an atomiq 114? I am planning to use it with 6.0 convert and 7.5 ncx in both flat and choppy conditions. I weight 75 kg. Does it handle chop well? Any problems with spinout ? Looking forward to get feedback!
Old 3rd May 2016, 12:51 PM   #2
Unregistered

Hi
I have now bought an atomiq 114 wood, but I have not tested it yet. Last weekend it was snowing, so I wanted a little bit warmer weather for my first ride.

I have read the test report in Windsurf, and it looks promising. Have not been able to get a copy of the german Surf, though.

Has anyone any suggestions for trim of this board? Mast position, footstrap positions, or fins for different sails?

Regards
Old 4th May 2016, 12:21 AM   #3
Unregistered

I have the v1 AtomIQ 110 and I have my front footstraps on the 3rd holes from the nose and the back ones on the 2nd /middle/ holes, all out. In lighter winds and my biggest sail-7.5 -I put the mast foot apr. 2 cm back from center for more liveliness and stronger winds I put it smack in the middle. I never put it forward of center because it becomes too sticky. The new AtomIQ may be a bit different dough, but not too much I believe. Great boards , everything comes easier on them, but you still have to work a bit to get it planing in lighter winds-turn downwind, get low and away from the rig, apply mfp, be light on the back foot etc.
Old 4th May 2016, 06:55 AM   #4
Unregistered

Thanks for your response! I had a Carve 111, 2014 previously and it was also a great board, but probably less technical to get it planing. I have also sailed Futura 121 which needed to be turned downwind in order to get going in lighter winds. So hopefully, I will manage it on the atomig 114. Have you used a larger fin for your 7.5, or do you only use the standard 38 cm?
Old 5th May 2016, 04:30 PM   #5
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Thanks for your response! I had a Carve 111, 2014 previously and it was also a great board, but probably less technical to get it planing. I have also sailed Futura 121 which needed to be turned downwind in order to get going in lighter winds. So hopefully, I will manage it on the atomig 114. Have you used a larger fin for your 7.5, or do you only use the standard 38 cm?
I'm using a 44cm MFC LiquidPro with the 7.5. The original fin is useless for me in the chop and I'm glad they have replaced it with a better G10 one for v2.