Go Back   Starboard Forums > Ask Our Team

Old 5th November 2012, 09:13 PM   #1
davide

Default Inflatable Windsurf: when?

I read with much interest about the inflatable WinSUP and I am now wondering when we will see an inflatable "funboard": something 85 to 100L in volume 58 to 62 cm wide ... you know: an inflatable Kode.

I sure performance would not be as good as a composite board, but I would love to have one to go for trips!!! One mast, two-three sails, one boom + an inflatable board: you can go pretty much anywhere.
davide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2012, 03:47 AM   #2
Del Carpenter

I've seen an inflatable SUP that was stiff enough I could understand it's lightweight appeal for someone who is not a competitive racer. Yet compared with the stiffness of a normal windsurfer I find it hard to imagine an inflatable as a high performance board.
Del Carpenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2012, 03:08 AM   #3
davide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Carpenter View Post
I've seen an inflatable SUP that was stiff enough I could understand it's lightweight appeal for someone who is not a competitive racer. Yet compared with the stiffness of a normal windsurfer I find it hard to imagine an inflatable as a high performance board.
Well maybe inflatable rails? Something that allows a normal construction 85L board to go to to 100 by adding volume to the rails using a pump?

Or forget air and develop exchangeable rigid rails. One can envision a set of "bolt on" rails: two bolts for side, almost as quick installation as a fin. One board + two sets of rails (adding 15/20L) can make your board go from high-wind (say 80L) to mid (95/100) to low-wind (110/115L) in a blink.
davide is offline   Reply With Quote