Go Back   Starboard Forums > Free Forum

Old 11th April 2007, 12:46 PM   #11

Default RE: These forums are now DEAD! Where to ask now?

... And that it is good policy to always sign a post (especially a "guest")with one's own nickname!

By the way, the boards.co.uk forum seems to be the most dynamic currently.

PG
Guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2007, 05:51 PM   #12

Yea ... the boards.co.uk looks alright ... well in any case it is a LOT better than the Starboard forum now.

Ahh the memories of the fun on the SB forums .. remember the old days with *** that was the best

Well I bailed for about 7 mths after the 2007 website changes, came back to take a look and it is crap here. In fact, almost the worst compared to Gaastra, Maui Sails, Fanatic forums, etc.

Bye SB.
Old 11th April 2007, 05:56 PM   #13

Another example of just how bad this forum is!

That was L.e.e.D. that was sensored.

Wow a website having to block someone's name.

Starboard. Is there anything worse !?
Old 11th April 2007, 11:51 PM   #14
Ken

And what is keeping you "guests" from exchanging information on this forum?

Starboard hosts the fourm, but it's the windsurfers that make or break a fourm. If you don't like this one, it may be because you are not contributing in a meaningful way.

There is certainly less BS than before, which takes away from the entertainment value somewhat, but as a resourse for information, It can still be a benefit.

Ken
Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2007, 02:36 AM   #15

AND last but not LEAST

- users have gotten used to all the bugs (random features)
- most of the stuff now works most of the time (even though not only the forum is a genuine PITA).

But hey, once users have been bothered enough, they just come back (if you're lucky) once in a while -> little input!
Old 12th April 2007, 04:14 AM   #16
Ken

I guess my "fourm" isn't up to "forum". Life's a bitch without spellchecker.

Ken
Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2007, 05:39 AM   #17
Phill104

Quote:
Ken wrote:
I guess my "fourm" isn't up to "forum". Life's a bitch without spellchecker.

Ken
Install http://www.iespell.com/ if you're using Internet Explorer or Firefox. It does the trick for me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
All the latest windsurfing news in one place.
Phill104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2007, 06:28 PM   #18
WSguy

Now that the format has changed, you have to adapt to it. *** has disappeared from his usual forum haunts, not just this one. Some of those other sites like iwindsurf, windsurfingmag and boards.uk have too oppressive moderators. The lack of censorship along with the anonymous posting was what made the old board so active. Boards.UK has a rather nasty English local emphasis. They support their subscriber list over and above the truth in posting. Outsiders are not welcome. Iwindsurf still retains a provincial Bay area emphasis. There's only a handful of regulars there, some of whom are either rather biased, highly opinionated or just plain wrong about various specifics in the sport. It's o.k. if you are a beginner looking for info, but an expert can find it rather irritating. As to these forums, I don't read them much any more since the changes. Recently I bought an '06 Naish board. I might have bought a Starboard which was a serious alternative, but I just had put the brand out of my mind when offered the Naish for a good price. When I followed the messages on the old forums, I was leaning quite strongly to a Starboard. The more hits and sticky time your site optains, the more your brand gets attention. It seems a bit ridiculous, but I thought any company that would have such an open forum ought to have a rather good approach to building their product. Now, it's just another brand out there.
WSguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2007, 07:38 PM   #19

Great post WSguy!

We should be mates I think. I agree completely.
Old 12th April 2007, 11:45 PM   #20

Yeah, you should listen to WSguy the "expert"....he's been kicked out of some forums so he knows what he's talking about. He usually posts a message and then replies to himself using one of his multiple aliases:

sinbad-cosmicharlie-broadreach-broadreach5-beachdoser-tycoonguy-weedwart-psychokiter-prljack-swiftsailor-bro*adreach-WSguy-snowyguy-RobSwift...it's a long list, this guy is a real piece of work.