Go Back   Starboard Forums > Free Forum

Old 12th April 2007, 11:51 PM   #21

Default RE: These forums are now DEAD! Where to ask now?

funny, he's a windsurf star!

check it out

http://www.teamcoyote.net/shot_otd.html
Guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2007, 12:45 AM   #22
steveC

So far, I think Ken has offered the most insightful post to this thread. There's a lot of truth to what he's saying.

However, I would add something I think is worth considering. Sometimes life isn't that interesting, entertaining or exciting. Just a fact of life really. Folks often expect too much, and I can see why they might be disappointed at times. One needs to appreciate the full spectrum in life, even the boring and less unexciting parts.

steveC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2007, 12:56 AM   #23
Phill104

Quote:
WSguy wrote:
Boards.UK has a rather nasty English local emphasis. They support their subscriber list over and above the truth in posting. Outsiders are not welcome. Iwindsurf still retains a provincial Bay area emphasis. There's only a handful of regulars there, some of whom are either rather biased, highly opinionated or just plain wrong about various specifics in the sport. It's o.k. if you are a beginner looking for info, but an expert can find it rather irritating.
What a load of total and utter rubbish. You obviously don't get the sense of humour.

Newcomers are always welcome, in fact there are loads each month.

There is a group of regular posters who know each other well and often take the piss out of each other in a harmless way. There are those with strong opinions but that is true of any active forum and without it life would be boring.

As for your nasty British comment that is a bit out of order, it is a British magazine but there are tons of international posters

To my knowledge only one poster has been ejected from the site, Sinbad, I wonder why?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
All the latest windsurfing news in one place.
Phill104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2007, 02:10 AM   #24

Quote:
funny, he's a windsurf star!
no, he's just the town clown

Old 13th April 2007, 03:14 AM   #25
Per

Hi
Can someone explain to me why "Guest" is registered as a member "joined 15.12.06", but appears in different forms, like disagreeing and arguing with himself in contrary posts??
Is it a sort of humour?? Something with the registration system so different guests appear like the same person?? Or????

Per is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2007, 03:32 AM   #26

Per,

Sorry to inform you old chap. It's starboards way of allowing unregistered users to post. As the forums became a little quiet they decided to liven things up by allowing annonymous posts. The software names all annonymous posters as guest with the date shown being the date they set this up.

Try logging off and posting. That's why they renamed thist "Free Forum".

Phill104
Old 13th April 2007, 11:45 AM   #27

Ahh yes the Guest problem ..... Another well designed SB website feature !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 13th April 2007, 04:10 PM   #28

Just to be factually correct www.boards.co.uk is the forum for the English based magazine. However we totally welcome comments and new forum members from across the globe. However, if like our friend Sinbad above they start being racist obscene then yes we will ban them. It is not an adults only site.

Only 70% of our visitors are Uk based, 11% from the USA, 1.5% from Ireland, 1.5% from Netherlands, 2% from Australia and the rest are pan European.

We look forward to chatting with you further.

Fred
fred@boards.co.uk
Old 13th April 2007, 08:39 PM   #29
Floyd

Dont think they are dead just not as interesting/provocative as old.
I suspect SB have made a mistake. Forum was a great advertising tool; dont think its as good for that now ! No such thing as bad publicity etc etc.
Floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2007, 07:54 AM   #30

WSguy is also RobSwift...the guy/s has been all over the forum during the last hours

http://www.star-board.com/forum/viewthread.php?forum_id=5&thread_id=22722