Go Back   Starboard Forums > Free Forum

Old 26th October 2012, 11:54 AM   #1
Expander

Angry DEBOICHET fins? Be aware, AVOID to buy from him !!!

--

Dear All,

I want to share with someone the REALLY BAD SITUATION happened in purchasing a new DEBOICHET R16 slalom fin directly from this well-know manufacturer.

In the beginning of august I've contacted Deboichet in the figure of Mrs. Oriana using e-mail (info@deboichetcustom.com) and phone number (+39 339 821 76 58), both published on-line at www.deboichetcustom.com web site. After an exchange of info about availabilty and delivery time, I've paid R16 in advance with warranty of 15-20 days delivery. Payment was made "at name of Mrs. Oriana Fiorentini" and sent to an address at Lake of Garda, Italy.

After these preliminary comunications and after payment, during these 3 months I sent a lot of (completely unanswered) e-mails, mobile SMS and a lot of fruitless telephone calls asking what has become to my fin. I was able to comunicate verbally with Mrs. Oriana only two time in september for listening these replies: "...I apologize but I forgot factory was closed in summer... fin is not ready and I don't know when it will be sent...". After this, months of silence...

An italian racing guy that had continous relations with Deboichet, has tried to contact her in the name of me... Well, reply was: "...I don't remember about him (me)..." ..."tell him to contact me...". So I've made the unpteenth try to contact Mrs. Oriana but, again, mute telephone and unanswered SMS and e-mail.

So tired, I've decided to report all this to italian police authorities: I don't think it depends on some simple misunderstanding!!!

I wonder if some other has had a similar experience with this famous manufacturer and if someone may help me (in any way) before to go to police.

Simple solution: or they send to me the fin or they give me a refund!

--

Last edited by Expander; 27th October 2012 at 07:37 AM.
Expander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2012, 12:04 PM   #2
Maximus

Must be the GFC

Isonic 97 2013
JP Speed 50 2014

Severne Reflex 4 7.0,6.2,5.6
Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2012, 08:25 AM   #3
Phyxius

oh the joys of buying over the interwebs

...on the up side Deboichet could be taking a while to make your fin because theyre laying each fiber of carbon strand by strand to get you the most perfect profile, stiffness and flex response known to man! does that thought comfort you?
Phyxius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2012, 11:22 AM   #4
viking

I think you have been ripped off! This brand does not operate anymore for many months now. This Oriana is not linked to Deboichet (the man, not the brand) anymore.

If it can console you, you are not the only one that is waiting his fins...

The windsurf is a little world, it is strange that some people are still caught!
viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2012, 04:27 PM   #5
Farlo

Strange that the same post has been censored on the French forum. Little world... to which extend?
Farlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2012, 08:40 PM   #6
Expander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farlo View Post
Strange that the same post has been censored on the French forum. Little world... to which extend?
Exactly, Farlo, this post was censored from French Forum... I didn't want to make a duplicate of same post in other Forums but I wanted to send a request for help to french friends that (may be) know Mr. Deboichet better, have better contacts and can speak directly in french with him.
Only Mrs. Christina (I suppose a french lady) has been able to reply (and I hope to help me) before that post was cancelled...
So, why did you censor this thread in French Forum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by viking View Post
...this brand does not operate anymore for many months now. This Oriana is not linked to Deboichet (the man, not the brand) anymore...
Ok Viking, but why Mrs. Oriana's phone number is published on Deboichet Fins web site?
And why this web site is still on line if "Deboichet" brand doesn't operate anymore?
And why UFO factory in France is still producing fins branded "Deboichet Custom"?

--

Last edited by Expander; 29th October 2012 at 10:17 PM.
Old 30th October 2012, 08:42 AM   #7
viking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expander View Post
Exactly, Farlo, [B][U]this Ok Viking, but why Mrs. Oriana's phone number is published on Deboichet Fins web site?
And why this web site is still on line if "Deboichet" brand doesn't operate anymore?
And why UFO factory in France is still producing fins branded "Deboichet Custom"?

--
It is easy to notice that this web site has not been updated for several month, let say years. when you read on team members "Antoine Albeau world champion 2008" it is quite clear!

Why this it is still operating so? It is easy: it is simply a fraud, a robbery and it works as people like you have been caught. I would be you, I would go right now to make a complaint at the nearest police station.
viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2012, 04:27 PM   #8
Expander

Quote:
Originally Posted by viking View Post
...I would be you, I would go right now to make a complaint at the nearest police station...
Yes, this is exactly what I'm going to do if I don't receive a definitive response from Mrs. Oriana by incoming Wednesday.
Old 30th October 2012, 06:42 PM   #9
Unregistered

Default Deboichet

to who it main concerne ! would be nice that all of you stop writing things without knowing how everythings works. as allways if you need informations or have to complain about something you should contact directly the company. complaining on internet do not solve any problem or wrong situations! just wrote this post because people advice me ... usualy i dont go on forums... ill be thankfull if you could contact me directly and the last thing.... we never keep money without sending the order! oriana - info@deboichetcustom.com
Old 30th October 2012, 08:45 PM   #10
Unregistered

Contacting the company is precisely what Expender is trying to do for several months it looks...