Go Back   Starboard Forums > Free Forum

Old 12th July 2013, 01:29 PM   #1
El gato violador

Default How to carry Formula kit

How do you carry the Formula Sail and Formula board (on top of the head) together to get in and also out of the shore break?
Old 14th July 2013, 06:04 PM   #2
jw xxx

i am surprised NO-ONE is answering
#$%^&*(
i have seen images of Micah Buzanis carry sail on head and board in hand - like regular kit
personally i carry sail on head and board separately if i cannot carry them at the side
then again i do NOT need to deal with shore break
shore break implies waves and am surprised these are Formula conditions !!!
hope someone else who actually does this or has other methodology answers
this forum is getting quiet !!!
Old 14th July 2013, 08:32 PM   #3
BelSkorpio

Take a look at an existing thread:

http://www.star-board.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13965

Last edited by BelSkorpio; 14th July 2013 at 08:35 PM.
BelSkorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2013, 09:59 AM   #4
mark h

And remember to let the wind do the work for you. First few times I tried it, I looked like a clown, but once you get the hang of it, you use no energy at all, kinda just floats.

You just need to make sure that the board is on the windward side and the rest will fall into place

The toys:
iSW44 - - iSW49 - iSW53 - iSW58 - iS107 - iS137 - F161.
North Warps: F2012 5.2m, 5.7m, 6.3m, 7m, 8m, 8.6m, 9.5m F2006 11m.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

mark h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2013, 07:03 PM   #5
Unregistered

Default How to carry Formula kit

It looks like the head lies in front of the boom (between the boom and board). Then you grab the board with the chicken strap and then you put the hand under the board (next to the fin)?

It looks that the right hand is under the board next to the fin, and the left hand is holding the sail from the mast.
Old 15th July 2013, 10:30 PM   #6
mark h

There are a number of different ways to hold it, depends on wind direction etc. To pick the board and sail up (from dry land), the board needs to be face up, hold the sail in a beach start position, bend legs to get under the sail (easy on formula because of high boom), get head on luff tube below boom and start lifting (let the wind do the work for you) and grab the back footstrap nearest to you. Its all sort of one quick smooth movement. Coming out of the water is easier as the board is already in the correct position. Its actually pretty easy once you'v tried it a few times, but much harder to put in words. Its kinda like a beach start I guess. Best thing is to just try it out

The toys:
iSW44 - - iSW49 - iSW53 - iSW58 - iS107 - iS137 - F161.
North Warps: F2012 5.2m, 5.7m, 6.3m, 7m, 8m, 8.6m, 9.5m F2006 11m.

mark h is offline   Reply With Quote