Go Back   Starboard Forums > Free Forum

Old 27th June 2014, 02:34 PM   #1
Unregistered

Default Phantom Mast Track Draining

Granted this is unusual. Buddy and I have gotten into doing expedition races on Phantom 380 where have to pack gear and food aboard for days on end. As that goes cutting every ounce of weight off your body and gear is critical. The mast track on Phantom does not drain into the dagger well. So much of the time it is full of water, which probably equates to about a kg of weight I would like to get rid of if possible.

My question: anyone have any experience or knowledge of the hull structure between the back wall of the mast track and forward wall of the dagger boardwell. Thinking I would like to drill a 10mm hole between the two, insert a carbon fiber tube, and epoxy it in to continually drain the track. But afraid that there may be something important/critical in the hull structure between those two.. (or is there another moron out there like me who has already attempted this surgery?) Bermudaboy