Go Back   Starboard Forums > Free Forum

Old 11th May 2007, 10:36 AM   #21
G-42

Default RE: Kashy Formula Fins XXS

Isn't Mike already making fins? Thought I saw that on the calcup list somewhere.

As for all the yelling about fins - custom formula fins tend to be the one piece of windsurfing equipment that actually holds its value pretty well. You can run a Deb for a couple season, then sell it at about 75% of what you paid for it (as long as you didn't go off the deep end and buy one of the models that turn out to be dogs - R14 or R12 or R18, anyone?) Try getting that kind of resale value out of your board, or your sail, or your mast (booms tend to do OK, but then you don't really sell those too often unless you downsize your quiver). And fins also tend to be competitive for a while - R13's were the standard for something like 3 season. R16's and R17's have been highly competitive for 3 seasons now, and still rule unless you've got a super-wide-tailed board (like F161) and sail in really light wind/flat water.

-Andreas
http://g-42.blogspot.com
G-42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2008, 11:14 PM   #22
Unregistered

Dave never intended to be a fin manufacturer and does not want to be one. He set is prices at a reasonable point, and then realized that to fill the order coming in would take all his time. He raised the price to reduce the affordablility and thus the order volume. It didn't work, so he raised them again. It worked. Sort of. That's what I heard.
Old 22nd January 2009, 12:47 AM   #23
Unregistered

Default test

<script>alert("test")</script>
Old 19th September 2009, 01:05 AM   #24
chop hop

Default kashy fins

I know Dave. His fins are built to his standard of excellence. He needs no quality assurance department because HE makes everyone of them himself. At least he used to. He could sell out to someone and they could mass produce them. But they would then be Kashy fins in name only. Anyone who takes a sport that is as fun as windsurfing and turns it in to WORK (i.e. racing) deserves to pay the price to win. If you want the best gear money can buy then..well...pay or make your own.
chop hop is offline   Reply With Quote