Go Back   Starboard Forums > Free Forum

Old 17th June 2009, 02:53 PM   #1
juan1

Default slalom season

is the way(clearly) albeau is leading the 2009 slalom events suggesting that the previous years was the sailor and not the baoards?
do you think he will be also winning whith any other board like rrds or fanatics?
reagards juan
juan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2009, 04:09 PM   #2
viking

Of course it is clear. It is good, many people will open their eyes on this forum... I was treated like a fool when I said AA would win as easy as before with his new boards, now the demonstration is done!
viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2009, 09:56 PM   #3
Ken

There are so much great equipment out there (boards, sails, fins, masts, booms) that the top sailors will remain on top regardless of what they use. It's more a matter of confidence in their gear than brand name.

I do believe that the top sailors if given a choice will likely favor one board or sail over another, but that doesn't mean the gear is better, just that the gear is better suit their sailing style and or comfort, which results in more confidence.
Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2009, 10:13 PM   #4
nonopr

Too early still. Many of the top competitors are in very good position right now for anything to happen.
nonopr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2009, 12:02 AM   #5
juan1

Default aa

the thing is that the boards AA is using are not developed by him
2010 boards will claim his experience and knoledge but the ones he is using has been developed before he joins
its soon , i know but he jumps in new boards and allready wins two out of three races (the fisrt was a tabou anyhow) so perhaps the so advertised isonic boards are not the ultimate as they suggest in every windsurf magazine around
they say was the board not the man and for me is clear that the bopards are good of course but the winner was the man himself
juan
Old 18th June 2009, 02:38 AM   #6
Per

Starboards results through the last years speak for themselves, but of course they're not the only brand who can make competitive (and winning) boards. They just seem to be two years ahead most of the time. This also means some quite radical experiments like the Hypersonic will appear. AA would probably be among the best on any gear. A year ago Dunkerbeck stepped on a iSonic for the first time and started winning. I guess Ken is right, it's a matter of personal choice and sailing style. The best gear is the gear that works best for you.
Per is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2009, 06:04 AM   #7
raffig

Just check the PWA Korea video and AA amazing straight board speed in the first reach.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1RD-ch90Eo

This is flying!
raffig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2009, 08:16 AM   #8
Grant

It would be interesting to know if his new NP sails have given him an advantage. They sure look radical!
Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2009, 02:28 PM   #9
juan1

anyway , isonics are still clearly on the top choice for anyone that want not to take risks on the boards election
if you go armed whith isonics to an slalom event then you know that is you and not the board the responsible on your results
but i have a doubt , why isonics are on the heavier side of the slalom boards?
still planing well but imagine a isonic 1 kilo lighter?
juan
Old 19th June 2009, 05:26 PM   #10
Vando

Something to note that Steve Allan could of bought any board in the world but he chose Starboard and so far it looks like it has paid off.
Vando is offline   Reply With Quote