Go Back   Starboard Forums > Free Forum

Old 3rd July 2007, 07:27 PM   #21

Default RE: old name, new boards

i understand your points about a well known board and its name. there are a few old screamers in my area, a nice old style
high wind board, long narrow,low rocker and lots of volume in front of the mast base. narrow pin tail. VERY very different IMHO from its new incarnation.
The new screamers i sailed sailed last year in maui which seems to be more of a 'freeride"
ie; IMHO bumpy wide and loose .
The contrast was startling. As to the new Carves , very very different from the old. A local got a carve 133 last year and we compared it side by side to the one 5 years old , they are so different i dont know the why they still call them the same name ! the new carves have that flat s type nose , You
know the kind of low rocker'd nose that when you look at it going over chop you think " hang on were goin in dive bomber style"
Guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2007, 07:50 PM   #22

Default RE: s-type in 2008?

Ah yes I remember that feeling when I first rode a Hypersonic. I couldn't peel my very wide eyes away from the nose and the next piece of chop. After a while your trust in the rocker, your confidence will build and you don't even think about it.
Old 5th July 2007, 12:30 AM   #23

I do believe that the SType is sligthly faster than most out there. They have got good tests with the German Surf as well, and they do pair testing.
However, everything is relative. Today it turned out that the SType 126 was just marginally faster than a KONA Style (220 liter, 350 cm). And both were faster than a Hypersonic...

I do believe that most of the people who get a SType would actually be better served by a Carve, and those that are a good fit for the SType could actually pick an iSonic instead.
Old 30th July 2007, 10:19 PM   #24
van

I'M REALLY SAD TO HEAR THE S-TYPES WILL BE NO MORE. THESE BOARDS ARE LIGHTNING FAST, JIBE WELL AND ARE GREAT FOR BUMP AND JUMP. NO OTHER BOARD COMES CLOSE. I HAVE AN ISONIC 101 WHICH IS GREAT BUT WHEN THE WIND PICKS UP IT'S NOWHERE NEAR AS FUN AS THE S-TYPE. CAN'T JUMP THE ISONIC AND IN HEAVY CHOP IT ROCKS. PITTY. JUST HOPE THE NEW FUTURA IS BETTER.
van is offline   Reply With Quote