Go Back   Starboard Forums > Kevin`s Corner

Old 21st May 2007, 08:18 AM   #1
flipper231

Default Kevin For President!!!

Hi kevin,

Thanks for taking the time to answer us and yes you should run for office. The slalom 42 has begun to sink in I think I can have a very Zen quiver. I live in Canada (so you would not be my president anyways), sail in fresh water in unstable winds from 8-15 knots at times then the usual 15-25 once in a while and the very rare above 25 knots days that you can count one one hand. Trying to make the best 2 board quiver, the quiver that would be worry free...
I followed your recomendations 2 years ago and bought an s-type 115 and it is a great board. It pretty much covers the 13-25 knot range (I streched it to 20 knots gusting to 30 conditions). WOuld you sell the ST115 and buy 2 new babies and wich ones (to cover 8-25 knots higher if possible but I would not venture that way too much) or would you just add a larger board to it for the below 15 knot conditions?
I am 1,83 and 85 kg. Feel free to recomend sails, I would like to stick to 3.
Thanks
Francis
flipper231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2007, 03:31 PM   #2
Kevin Pritchard
Dream Team Member

Default RE: Kevin For President!!!

Thanks!! I am glad you like the stype. I still really like this board and think it is one of the best boards you can get on. What sort of sailing are you looking to do? Is it slalom or do you want freeride. What are you looking to get?

Let me know and I can answer your question better

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Kevin Pritchard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2007, 09:04 PM   #3
flipper231

Sorry for the lack of baseline info. I mostly freeride but with speed (hence my love of the st 115). The ST 115 start in 13-15 knots for me, before it slogs around and is not that comfy when not planing. So I am looking for a solid freeride that will get me back in subplaning conditions to cover those too frequent 8-15 knots days. If you think that a board could cover that range but overlap too much with the 115, I am willing to seel it and change it to something else. I would like to stick to 2 boars and 4 sails like the slalom 42. I may enter occasional races and the ST 115 served me weel for those in the last few years. I you were going to freeride/race and Had to choose 2 boards and 4 sails to cover 8 to 25-30 knots, what would you go for?

Thanks
flipper231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2007, 12:35 AM   #4
Kevin Pritchard
Dream Team Member

I would go with the ISonic 122 and the Stype 93 combined with a 8.2 Maui Sails TR 3 and Switch 7.0 6.0 and 5.2.

Hope this helps.

Kevin

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Kevin Pritchard is offline   Reply With Quote