Go Back   Starboard Forums > Ask Our Team

Old 25th March 2008, 08:16 AM   #11
Jesper Orth

Hi Howie

1:We don't have any feedback from any sailors using Severne Red Line 430 RDM on a 7.0 Boxer SL. The mast will be lighter and more responsive for sure.

2:We have very good feedback regarding durability on our mast's.

3: The Red line masts is full carbon, - so yes in theory they are more brittle, than the lower carbon ones. The good news on the 100% carbon is the low weight and quick response.

4: We do recomend the Red line for the best performance.

For your 3 x Boxer sails you can easily use the Severne 400 Red Line RDM mast. The curve is close to the Powerex.

Regards
Jesper Orth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2008, 05:11 PM   #12
Chris Pressler

Hi HowieP,
I am using the RDM 430 Redline in the GATOR 08 6,0 and 5,3. The mast works excellent, is super strong and has a quick response, like Jesper mentioned. Perhaps this helps you for your decision.

Cheers,
Chris

www.chrispressler.com
Chris Pressler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2008, 07:00 PM   #13
howieP

Hi Jesper/Chris,

Thanks all of you so nice.

Apart from Powerex, did you tried to compare the bend curve of the Redline RDM with that of a Gasstra C75 RDM. My Boxer SL 7.0 works well on the Gasstra mast.

Considering your comment, as well as taking into consideration the improvement on weight and responsiveness, I bascially decided to go for the Redline 430RDM. I would expect this to be my primary mast. Many friends of mine also reminded me that RDMs are build to stand punishing conditions which we seldom have here in Hongkong

Howie_P
howieP is offline   Reply With Quote