Old 18th July 2007, 04:17 AM   #1
Madis

Send a message via MSN to Madis
Default Freestyle!

Hey, could you guys help me out, i really want to start freestyle but i cant do anything, only duck jibes, and barely a helitack, could u guys help me abit? give me tips, i really wanna learn gecko and im going to try the loop tomorrow but i wanna nail vulcan aka air jibe, so could u guys please give me some tips, well i have a 2005 joker 103l im 14 years old, i weigh 60kg exactly and im from Estonia and im looking forward to buy a flare 88, but i sure coud use some tips, i wanna nail the air jibe and gecko and when those are done then i will go serious, and in Estonia the wind isn't blowing all the time

Well thanks Guys!
Hang Loose!
Madis
Madis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2007, 03:27 AM   #2
Madis

Default RE: Freestyle!

Old 25th July 2007, 02:26 PM   #3
Russell

Hi Madis.

I am sorry to see not many people looking at your message but this is how it goes on here sometimes.

Freestyle is all about control and balance. So first learn about what the sail can do and what it does to move the board.

The Joker is a great board for playing around on.

The Gecko is a great move and the base move for this is a Heli tack so you must get this perfect first. Then the luff 360. Once you can do this then you have to learn them in the straps.

The Gecko is all about getting the board on its edge. the more it is on the edge the less pressure you need to sink the nose. The board needs to be at 90º to the wind or even 45º down wind when you start.
Once you sink the nose it is just a luff 360.

If you go on my web page you will find some videos on freestyle and light wind practicing. http://www.broadbandsports.com/user/5799

Have fun and get on the water and enjoy the rest of the summer.

Russell
Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2007, 05:10 PM   #4
Madis

WOW thank you! , thanks i think that will help alot, i have nailed the heli tack and upwind 360 in straps, and i can turn my air jibe 180 degrees, now i just got to practice the boom to boom switch and switch stance, but i got to practice the gecko alot, i do everything right, till it comes to sinking i just cant sink the nose nomatter how much i try still the same thing

But Russell!
Thank you!

I hope u have fun on the water also and lots of winds in your sails!
Madis
Old 25th July 2007, 05:14 PM   #5
Madis

and i almost did the loop hahah . landed on my back and fell out of straps but still, started windsurfing last summer
Old 1st August 2007, 12:20 AM   #6
John Hibbard

Hi Madis,

Another tip for the Gecko is to push down on the boom once you have got the board on the rail and turning into wind. This will help you sink the nose.

With a bit of forward motion rock the board on to it's upwind rail using your heels and then sheet the sail hard in and lever yourself up over the boom. A common mistake is that of sheeting out. Just like the Flaka you actually need to sheet in and slice the sail forwards.

I hope that helps.
John
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Starboard, Fat Face, Neilson, Go Fast Sports, Action Van, Nissan GB
John Hibbard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2007, 03:11 AM   #7
Madis

John THANKS!
That helped alot i almost did it now i gotta practice it!

Thank you very much !
Madis
Old 2nd August 2007, 07:34 AM   #8
John Hibbard

awesome, good luck. you'll be busting out one hand flakas before you know it!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2nd August 2007, 04:24 PM   #9
Madis

haha, yeah lets hope so! im also practicing air jibes, but i hate the switch stance part, i always sink with the board, but practice makes perfect!

thanks John u helped alot, i can sink the nose anytime now i gotta practice the spin part!

Madis
Old 2nd August 2007, 04:44 PM   #10
John Hibbard

Madis, When you say Air Gibe do you mean a Vulcan? Tell me where exactly you are going wrong and I'll see if I can help