Go Back   Starboard Forums > Free Forum

Old 21st May 2007, 07:53 PM   #1
namreh

Default s-type in 2008?

I read everywhere rumours about the plans about no new s-type model in 2008. Also the leaked pictures of your photoshoots don't show the famous "red-devil". What about those rumours?

Hopefully there will come a new (fast, comfortable freerace) board in place.
namreh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2007, 06:50 AM   #2

Default RE: s-type in 2008?

I heard of a board called futura or something like that to replace the carve and Stype in one.
Guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2007, 04:01 AM   #3
Jean-Marc
TEAM

Namreh,

Don't know *B plans for 2008 but got info that Neil Pryde's Saber specific supercross sail are no more available for order and will be replaced by something else...
Looks like to me that the Supercross program is gonna be terminated end of year by a growing number of brand...

Cheers !

JM
Jean-Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2007, 11:03 AM   #4

Hi JM, Guest

well, I think that the idea of super cross boards, say very maneovrable, tough for freestyle and very fast is now more alive than ever. You maybe heard some rumours about S-type, Futura, NP Saber, and many moves in the windsurfing scene...and for sure you will know soon what is going to be launched by Starboard. But let me tell you that for sure, the peolpe looking for speed + freestyle will be happier this year than previous ones as we have them really on mind. Personally, my favorite board 2007 is the Stype 115, and I am sure what is coming will be really really exciting for me to have more fun.

I guess lots of work and brain storming has happened early this year and late the previous one around Starboard team looking forward to jump one step closer to the future. Just wait, you will be surprised my friend.

Best luck!
Ricardo Guglielmino
Starboard Team
Old 30th May 2007, 04:03 PM   #5

Default RE: merge of Carve and Stype

i've heard from my distributor that we could order 2008 models now. Futura is going to replace Stype and Carve. I'm gonna get one of that for sure. carve is always to best seller in starboard while Stype got a track race record in last year. i guess starboard won't remove this 2 line and debut futura unless this single board performs better in any aspect compare with the 2 great board in 07.
Old 30th May 2007, 07:24 PM   #6
LK

LK

I hope the Futura 14X is a real "bigger S-Type", as there was missing a 75-80 cm wide slalom/freeride board ( like JP- Supersport).
Did not see the bigger Futura boards at Kanaha at the fotoshooting.
The smaller ones look fast. Took some pictures. The Kombat 08 are real beauties

LK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2007, 08:20 PM   #7

darn, i hope they don't replace the carves and s-types! i love those boards, especially (yea...this sounds vain) this years graphics, they out classed the looks of any other brands boards by far, and i want to buy them when i can afford them but it doesnt look like im going to get a chance if they're replace
Old 1st June 2007, 12:11 AM   #8

Default RE: RE: stype in 2008

I hope that Starboard will include a single back strap option on this new board in the smaller sizes!!!
Old 28th June 2007, 06:48 AM   #9
LK

[img][/img]
IMG_1100
LK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2007, 01:31 AM   #10

balance of the carve and bottom of the SType would be a cool board, guess it won't come that way though...