Go Back   Starboard Forums > Free Forum

Old 17th August 2007, 08:29 PM   #21
MadRussian

Guys,

Let's face it! Flash good for some personal or entartaiment web sites ... BUT NOT FOR BUSINESS! So damp the flash ... or you can add flash sniffer and if user doesn't have latest version of flash installed or doesn't want to use flash, switch to HTML site. HTML based sites looks same but faster, lighter and don't have navigation problems of flash.
MadRussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2007, 12:08 AM   #22
steveC

Thanks Ola H for your help on this. You pinpointed my problem exactly and the download resolved everything, as I now have the graphic content and basic navigation tools that were missing earlier.
steveC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2007, 01:07 AM   #23
Phill104

I have to totally disagree with you there. There are very few examples of webpages these days that pass those validation tests including some of the worlds biggests sites such as www.bbc.co.uk, youtube or wikipedia to name but a few.

Tony has obviously put a lot of work into this site. Compared to last years switchover it has gone very smoothly. There will always be those that criticise or dislike change. It still shows the new range very well and has some nice features. I'm sure things such as the archive of previous sites will come with time.

When all is said and done, Starboard are in the business of producing boards and quite rightly so they put a huge amount of effort into producing an excellent product range. The website comes well down the list in the priorities and requires a lot of work from the whole team. Would you rather the whole team forgot the boards and went into the web business?
Phill104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2007, 01:38 AM   #24
johnleo

Its also one of the few companies that updated their site with their newest 2008 stuff so early.
johnleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2007, 08:54 AM   #25
Unregistered

I can't see any of the 2d or 3d pix of the boards?
Old 18th August 2007, 03:19 PM   #26
Phill104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I can't see any of the 2d or 3d pix of the boards?
They are pop-ups and are probably being blocked by your pop-up blocker so turn it off for this site
Phill104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2007, 04:41 PM   #27
Per

Okay.. with the risk of sounding like en idiot. WHAT IS FLASH???? ;-)

I like the new webside. It's some kind of retro and looking forward at the same time.
And GREAT RANGE once again..
Only one problem. Why is it sooo complicated to go into the board range?
It should belike :
1) Click on the "board range" bottom
2) an image with the whole line appears
3) click on the board type you find interesting (and all the details will be there)..

As it is now you have to walk step by step into the "jungle" and when you hit the "back" button, you're all the way outside the shop and you have to start all over again..

Good job
Per is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2007, 08:53 PM   #28
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phill104 View Post
They are pop-ups and are probably being blocked by your pop-up blocker so turn it off for this site

Thanks, it worked. It's seems ridiculous to have to turn stuff off to see your site. Pix are the most important thing on a site and shouldn't be hard to see. No other ws site that I visited had this problem. Also nothing will open in a new tab. I like to click on the wheel on my mouse and open stuff in a new tab, but nothing on this site does.

I agree with the previouse guy and hate the hover type menus on sites these days. Just make it either or.
Old 19th August 2007, 02:07 AM   #29
Unregistered

Unhappy

I think also, there is one level of menus too much, for boards pages. Should be enough, if i go to products/boards/isonic and click on that name and go directly on overview page. And pictures of boards on that page also, please. It was good, that all sizes were side by side and from there you go to bigger picture.
Old 20th August 2007, 09:39 AM   #30
o2bnme

Send a message via AIM to o2bnme Send a message via Yahoo to o2bnme

You have at least one broken link on the MyBoard page... I didn't look through this whole thread to see if someone else has mentioned, and I didn't test other links. The Futura 111 link has a case sensitivity issue. v_Futura.php should be replaced with v_futura.php for the link to work.
o2bnme is offline   Reply With Quote