Go Back   Starboard Forums > Free Forum

Old 24th August 2007, 06:54 AM   #11
Unregistered

I'd rather economize on the board than on the mast/sail fit... Get a cheaper used board (like a carve) and make sure that your rig is tight, and that includes a stiff boom.
Old 24th August 2007, 03:03 PM   #12
Ola_H
TEAM

If its a 460 NoLimitz made Ezzy mast, I would be a big careful getting other sails than Ezzy to it. I was about to recommend the Hot Speed Demon no cam sail (which is at last fast enough to win the italian slalom championships in competetion with all well known cam sails...) but I'm a bit unsure about the mast fit.

I believe the NL made Ezzys are a bit softer in the mid part. Then they should maybe match up with some of the Gaastra sails. But definitely try the sail on your mast before buying.
Ola_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2007, 06:09 AM   #13
Unregistered

Thanks for all the advice, I think I'll have to have another look at the Ezzy 7.5 Infinity. I'll try beg a ride off someone at the beach before I put down any cash.
Old 25th August 2007, 10:38 PM   #14
James

My buddy is an Ezzy rep, and I've ridden his 2007 6.5 infinity rigged on the Ezzy mast. It was rigged very full with a tight leech for excellent low-end power. The low end was definitely better than my own Ezzy 6.6 from 2003, so I think Ezzy sails are now working really well at both the low and high end, and should be a safe bet for you.
James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2010, 05:19 PM   #15
Unregistered

if you are lacking low end on an infinity you are using way too much downhaul. I use infinities on a raceboard and set to minimal downhaul and I use the upper outhaul eyelet. Trim with the outhaul, more outhaul for upwind and losen it up for downwind (variable outhaul is worth the fidgeting) by trimming this way you keep a lot of power higher up in the luff where it really gives you grunt in the lighter conditions. on the slalom board I find the infinity keeps up with "race" sails quite well and bang for buck ezzy delivers big time.
Old 26th June 2010, 12:35 PM   #16
RadiantX

From Loft there is also the Switchblade which seems to be fairly compatible with the Ezzy RDM's.

Being a Ezzy user myself since 2007 I have been extremely happy with my choice. I also agree that the Infinity and even the newer Freerides have a very impressive bottom end. The 2009/2010 sails feel very nice, slightly lighter with no compromise on wind range.
RadiantX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2010, 11:47 PM   #17
Shayne

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterCee View Post
You're wrong about the 7.5 infinity - it has as gutsy a bottom end as any other twin cam around.

On the ezzy skinny it is perfect and has a lovely light and powerful feel with easy handling.

Perfect for the isonic 111.
I would just like to second what PeterCee said.

I have had a full set of Ezzy Infinity sails since 2006. The 7.5, on an Ezzy skinny mast, and my Futura 111 is my light wind rig [ at 65 kg ]. In the often light winds here in the Eastern Caribbean the 7.5 has had the most use. Actually I have completely worn out the first one and now have a new one.
I don't really know how to describe it myself other then to aggree with PeterCee, "Light and powerful with easy handling"
Shayne is offline   Reply With Quote