Old 4th October 2007, 03:20 AM   #1
Hank

Default Footpads

My footpads on my board are in a miserable state, and was thinking about getting new ones for my board.

Is it possible to order new footpads from SB ? Of course via a dealer.

Any recomendations on how to apply ? Glue etc.
Hank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2007, 12:55 AM   #2
steveC

Hi Hank,

Regarding application, contact cement is the right adhesive for the job. However, you'll need to spend some time removing all of the original adhesive. In the past when I've done the job, I used a single edge razorblade at an angle a bit off perpendicular to scrape off the old adhesive, and it works quite well leveling any non skid material too. Prior to application of the contact cement, carefully sand the deck to create a optimal bonding surface.

Be sure to apply the contact cement to the bottom of the pads and the surface of the board to cover the entire area where the pads will go. To get the best result, be careful to avoid getting any contact cement on the board outside of the area where the pads will go. I've had the best luck with achieving a good bond by applying two coats of contact cement to both the pads and board. Be sure to allow the contact cement to dry before applying the pads to the board.
steveC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2007, 03:30 AM   #3
Hank

Hi Steve.

Thanks for the tips, will follow carefully.

Are the standard SB footpads a hard to get item or should they be available from any SB dealer ?
Old 5th October 2007, 01:04 PM   #4
Ola_H
TEAM

I beleive it is possible to order new pads - i once had rats eating my pads and got a new set. Have your dealer check with your importer, it is rather unlikely that they have the correct pad in stock and if not they have to include it in their next order.
Ola_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2007, 02:27 PM   #5
Hank

Hi Ola.

Thanks for your reply, will check with them.