Go Back   Starboard Forums > Ask Our Team

Old 25th October 2007, 05:12 AM   #1
Fernando Luz

Default Futura 111/122

Hi Team,
I sail mainly in a lake between 10/15 Knots, with 7.0/8.0 mts. sails. I have 68 Kgs.
I'm planning to change my present board AHD Inspiro,136 lts., wich I feel it's to big for my present level ( planning, jibes, waterstart, etc.).

I was looking for the new Futura's, wich I supose it's a good choice for this Kind of conditions, freeride, freerace...
My doubt concerne with the issue that I've read some comments about the real volume of the boards of this brand - Starboard - and right now I've some dificulties in decide what board volume should be apropriate for me !!!

I've searched even in the website of ISA- International Sailing Federation ( a link mentioned in the forum) but I didn't found nothing over there ????

Question: could you informe me what is the real volume of Futura 111 and Futura 122 ?

Many thanks.
FL
Fernando Luz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2007, 05:48 AM   #2
jgf

I have just bought a Futura 111.

You will have no problem uphauling, or standing on the board in non-planing conditions. It is very wide, and stable.
jgf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2007, 05:35 PM   #3
Fernando Luz

Default Futura 111

Hi,
Many thanks for your answer, it will be very useful.

Can you give me some more details about the sailing behaviour of Futura 111 ?

Thanks a lot,
FL
Old 25th October 2007, 06:03 PM   #4
Fernando Luz

Default Futura111

Hi Jeff,

Forget my last question, I've just seen your post in the Free Forum, about what I was asking !!!

One doubt remain: there is two colours versions for both Tecnora and Wood Futura? Or is that applied to Technora ( blue version) and Wood (red version) ?

Thanks,
FL
Old 25th October 2007, 06:45 PM   #5
MichaelS

Default Futura real volume

Hi Fernando,

Regarding the real volume of the Futura's, the 122 and 133 had their volumes measured in a water tank as part of a test in the recent issue of the German "surf" magazine.

Both volumes were spot on, so it seems that the "virtual volume" is a thing of the past.

Michael
MichaelS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2007, 08:03 PM   #6
Pacs

Send a message via MSN to Pacs Send a message via Yahoo to Pacs

Hi,

I dont see any red Futura at STB website... where dou you see it?

Bye,

Paco
Pacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2007, 08:11 PM   #7
Magicmullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelS View Post
Hi Fernando,

Regarding the real volume of the Futura's, the 122 and 133 had their volumes measured in a water tank as part of a test in the recent issue of the German "surf" magazine.

Both volumes were spot on, so it seems that the "virtual volume" is a thing of the past.

Michael
Could you please tell how the Futura was seen in the German test? Not trying to derail the thread in any way, so you can pm me as well if you are willing to.

Regards.
Magicmullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2007, 12:39 AM   #8
jgf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fernando Luz View Post
Hi Jeff,

Forget my last question, I've just seen your post in the Free Forum, about what I was asking !!!

One doubt remain: there is two colours versions for both Tecnora and Wood Futura? Or is that applied to Technora ( blue version) and Wood (red version) ?

Thanks,
FL
My wood 111 is blue.
jgf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2007, 02:29 AM   #9
Fernando Luz

Default Futura111

Hi,
Thanks a lot to everybody for your contribution to a better knowledge.

About the colour versions,like you, I really don't see nothing more in STB website than two versions about different materials used in this boards, witch is the Technora and Wood ... !?

What happen, was that, I was wondering by the Forum, and I read in FREE FORUM a message post by JGF - First day on my Futura111 - in witch two participators ( LK and Pacs) speak about Red and Blue versions... so it's weird, don't you think ?

Am I nut? Well, it's not a big issue, but nevertheless I would appreciate if you could explaine me this confusion, I think !!!

Many thanks,
FL
Old 26th October 2007, 03:43 AM   #10
Magicmullet

I am quite certain there are no other colour versions of the model other than the wooden and the Technora one, both of which have blue graphics. And the only deviation between the different construction models is the colour of the Starboard logo in the nose: white in the wood version and red in the Technora version. At least this site and the catalogue do not show any other versions, and I've not come across with "a red Futura" anywhere else.

I hope that clarified the situation.

Cheers.
Magicmullet is offline   Reply With Quote