Go Back   Starboard Forums > Free Forum

Old 15th November 2007, 10:28 PM   #1
Unregistered

Red face K96 vs. Futura93

I am looking for a board to use with 4,8-6,5 - bump and jump condition. Mainly jibing, duck jibing, small jumps (maybe a forward loop) and a few freestyle attempts (old school). Which of the two will fit the best? (my weight - 82 kg)

MortenL
Old 16th November 2007, 04:55 PM   #2
Ola_H
TEAM

Both boards can handle that. The K96 will do jibes and stuff with more "flair" though. The Futuras turn well, but like a longer arc. On the other hand, the Futuras are a faster and have a way of staying stably in overpower and chop. The Kombats are more lively and easier for chops hops. Both can do carving 360:s and oldschool freestyle, but the Kombat is easier and does it in a more natural way.

So, my guess is that a Kombat will suit you better.
Ola_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2007, 06:42 PM   #3
Unregistered

Default Kombat and Futura

Considering the same sail sizes and conditions with MortenL which Kombat and Futura you would advice for a lighter sailor (49 Kg)?
Thank you
Old 16th November 2007, 07:55 PM   #4
Ola_H
TEAM

Nothing but the smallest Futura. My wife is almost 10kg heavier, and uses my F101, but she is more of a beginner and I think she would do just as well with the 93 anyway.

With the Kombats you have more options. The 79 is not that natural with a 6.5 even at your weight, but the 89 will handle it and I think the 89 overall will be the most all round board.
Ola_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2007, 07:26 PM   #5
MortenL

Talking

Thanks Ola H - I will wish me the K96 for Christmas