Old 27th November 2007, 01:19 AM   #21
NIKOS-GR

Question

thanks for the help every body.but what about rs slalom 10m???
NIKOS-GR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2007, 11:56 AM   #22
JJay

Default Hi Stingray,,,,

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray View Post
JJay,

Can you pls comment on the low-end of RamF8 9.9 (approximate minimum wind in knots and rider weight, pumpability of the sail)? And what mast is better 490+XT or 520?

Brgds,
Ok, now things get a little more complicated.

With variables such as, rider ability, technique, board type, volume, wind conditions, water conditions, fin types, mast and boom combinations, trim and tuning of sail, batten tensions, intended use, etc,,,,,, any comments I make can only be my impressions of "feel and performance" compared to other sails of similar size and design that I have sailed.

Compared to freerace sails such as previous generation Daytonas, Overdrives and V8's. The F-Ram 9.9 offers similar softness and planes as early as any of them. Similar in feel to the V8 with regards to low end power.

When rigged with 4 cams, and downhaul is tuned to the "max wind VTS" (visual trim system), it feels very similar to my Warps in terms of top end speed and response to gusts. Not quite as stable at the limit, but almost.

I have used the 9.9 Ram with a 75% 490 mast with the extender (3 cams) for light wind sailing on a SB Hybrid formula raceboard and an apollo. And for high wind Formula have been rigging it up on a 520 100% platinum mast (4 cams) while waiting delivery of my 2008 10m Warp. I always use adjustable out haul on all my sails, except wave sails. Releasing outhaul to pump easier onto plane. Then adding tension once locked-in on plane.

In response to min wind and pumpability. I feel that all my sails of similar size have the ability to plane as "early" as each other if i'm prepared to pump. "Easiest" or most "comfortable" pumping on to plane obviously happens when it is tuned accordingly. (least effort required as opposed to earlier or faster)=(VTS downhaul setting to MIN WIND, outhaul slightly bagged, 490 mast + extender, 3 cams)

Yes it requires less effort than a full on race sail, and slightly more than a freeride oriented sail. But how close you want it to either end of the spectrum comes down to tuning.

If you are the type of person who doesn't mind spending an extra 5 to 10 mins tuning your sail then the F-Ram really is like owning two sails in one.

Hope this helps.

Wishing for wind,
JJay
JJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2007, 12:19 PM   #23
everaarts-trainingen

Default Ram F8

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray View Post
JJay,

Can you pls comment on the low-end of RamF8 9.9 (approximate minimum wind in knots and rider weight, pumpability of the sail)? And what mast is better 490+XT or 520?

Brgds,
I only know the 9.0 RAMF8. The low-end and the stability was perfect. The hendling is much lighter and easier than the WARP 9.9. I now ordered the 9.9 to get even more low-end for the iSonic 150. I also weigh 95 kgs.

Good luck !
D
everaarts-trainingen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2007, 04:57 PM   #24
stingray

Hi JJay and everaarts-trainingen!

Thanks for your comments! Much appreciated!

Brgds,
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2007, 07:10 PM   #25
falco7

www.point-7.com
this sail win all italy ,and the karpakos world speed.
this sails is great new sails.
look it.
bye
falco7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2007, 06:19 AM   #26
Racer

I have used the Ram 9.9 quite a bit now. Mast is 520 Platinum and have not tried a 490 + extender.
I dont think the 9.9 has as much low end power as some other sails, particularly a V8

My own opinion is that this size sail should have more punch at the low end, maybe by increased low down profile.

It is however, fast and comfortable, easy to handle with stability close to a full on race sail in strong winds.

For absolute marginal wind, downhauling to the min setting is too much, a little less makes a big difference to early planning at the low end.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2007, 03:03 PM   #27
falco7

the ac-0 or ac-2 can go with 490.
specilly in light wind,it's more easy to pump.
bye
Old 30th November 2007, 01:15 AM   #28
NIKOS-GR

can any body tell me:the rs slalom 10m works whith the 520 cm 75% carbon mast???
NIKOS-GR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2007, 05:20 PM   #29
Jean-Marc
TEAM

I don't know but to be sure (same bend curve between X6 and your mast ?), try to ask Kevin Ozee here :

http://www.neilprydemaui.com/forum/phpBB2/

Cheers !

JM
Jean-Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2007, 07:22 PM   #30
falco7

hi,
i think that every sail need his mast.